Journal of Immunology
|Edited by||Eugene M. Oltz, Ph.D.|
|1998-Delayed 12 months|
The Journal of Immunology is a twice monthly peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes basic and clinical studies in all aspects of immunology. Established in 1916 it is the official journal of the American Association of Immunologists (AAI) which publishes the journal. The editor-in-chief is Pamela J. Fink. Content from 1998 to the present is delayed open access with a 12-month embargo.
Indexing and abstracting
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Global Health
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- Referativnyi Zhurnal
- Science Citation Index
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
The Journal of Immunology was established by Arthur Fernandez Coca in 1916 as the official journal of the American Association of Immunologists and the New York Society for Serology and Hematology. Coca was sole editor from 1916 to 1925 when John C. Torrey joined the journal. From 1916 to 1925 the journal was published every 2 months, from 1926 to 1985 (except in 1928) it was published monthly. The journal has been published twice a month since 1986.
- "Journal of Immunology". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-20. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-20.[permanent dead link]
- "Journal of Immunology (Baltimore, MD: 1950)". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Immunology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "In Memoriam: Arthur F. Coca, Founder of the Journal of Immunology". Journal of Immunology. 85 (4): 331.
- "The founding of The Journal of Immunology" (PDF). aai.org. American Association of Immunologists. Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- Emrich, John; Peery, Bryan (January–February 2014). "What's old is new again: Early editors of The JI act to address perennial challenges in the peer-review and editing process" (PDF). AAI Newsletter. American Association of Immunologists (AAI). Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- "The first article in The Journal of Immunology "Studies in anaphylaxis"" (PDF). AAI Newsletter. American Association of Immunologists (AAI). December 2011.