Journal of Nursing Education
|J. Nurs. Educ.|
|Edited by||Janis Bellack|
The Journal of Nursing Education began as a quarterly journal published by McGraw-Hill. The first editor-in-chief was Alice Bicknell, although she was supplanted by a small editorial board in the journal's second year. This editorial board continued their oversight until 1981, at which time SLACK Incorporated became the journal's publisher and assigned Margaret Carnine as its editor. As of August 2012[update], the editor-in-chief is Janis P. Bellack (MGH Institute of Health Professions).
In 2002, the journal increased from nine issues per year to 12.
The following persons have been or are editor-in-chief of the Journal of Nursing Education:
- Alice Bicknell (1962)
- Editorial board (1963–1980)
- Margaret Carninem (1981–1982)
- Rheba de Tornyay (1983–1990)
- Christine A. Tanner (1991–2012)
- Janis P. Bellack (2012–present)
- Tanner, CA; Bellack, JP (2011). Tanner, Christine A.; Bellack, Janis P., eds. "Then and Now". Journal of Nursing Education. 50 (1): 3. doi:10.3928/01484834-20101220-01. PMID 21207925.
- Tanner, Christine A., ed. (2012). "Reflections—On Leaving the JNE Editorship". Journal of Nursing Education. 51 (8): 419–20. doi:10.3928/01484834-20120719-01. PMID 22827406.