The Journal of Peasant Studies
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Peasant Stud.|
|Edited by||Saturnino Borras, Jr.|
The Journal of Peasant Studies, subtitled Critical Perspectives on Rural Politics and Development, is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering research into the social structures, institutions, actors, and processes of change in the rural areas of the developing world. It is published by Routledge and the editor-in-chief is Saturnino "Jun" Borras Jr. (International Institute of Social Studies).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Current Contents/Social & Behavioural Sciences, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, International Political Science Abstracts, Scopus, and the Social Sciences Citation Index,. Sociological Abstracts, and the . According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 5.477, ranking it first out of 81 journals in the category "Anthropology" and first out of 55 journals in the category "Planning and Development".
The journal was an outgrowth of a 1972 University of London seminar on peasantries. It was established in 1973 with Terence J. Byres (1973–2000), Charles Curwen (1973–1984), and Teodor Shanin (1973–1975) as founding editors-in-chief. Other past editors of the journal have been Henry Bernstein (1985–2000) and Tom Brass (1990–1998, 2000–2008). The current editor is Saturnino Borras, Jr.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Anthropology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "WoS" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Bernstein, H; Byres, T. J (2001). "From Peasant Studies to Agrarian Change" (PDF). Journal of Agrarian Change 1: 1–56. Retrieved May 2011.
- Byres, Terence J. (1994). "The Journal of Peasant Studies: Its Origins and Some Reflections on the First Twenty Years". In Bernstein, Henry; Brass, Tom; Byres, T.J.; Lahiff, Edwards; Peace, Gill. The Journal of Peasant Studies: A Twenty Volume Index 1973–1993. London: Frank Cass. pp. 1–12.
- Brass,, Tom (2005). "The Journal of Peasant Studies: the third decade". The Journal of Peasant Studies 32 (1): 153–180.
- "Editorial Board". The Journal of Peasant Studies (Taylor & Francis). Retrieved 2011-01-06.