|Edited by||Beverley Greenwood-Van Meerveld|
|After 12 months|
|ISO 4||J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther.|
The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (a.k.a. JPET) is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering pharmacology. It has been published since 1909 by the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET). The journal publishes mainly original research articles, and accepts papers covering all aspects of the interactions of chemicals with biological systems.
John Jacob Abel founded ASPET in December 1908 when he invited 18 pharmacologists to his laboratory in order to organize a new society. At the end of the meeting Abel announced the establishment of JPET.
- Full free text of volumes 1-25
- Contents of volumes 25-215
- John Parascandola (1992). The Development of American Pharmacology: John J. Abel and the Shaping of a Discipline. Johns Hopkins University Press. p. 212. ISBN 0-8018-4416-9.
- "History of ASPET 1908-2008". Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- "Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics". 2021 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2022.