Journey to Love
|Journey to Love|
|Studio album by Stanley Clarke|
|Recorded||Electric Lady Studios, New York|
|Stanley Clarke chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Journey to Love is the third jazz funk fusion album by bass guitarist and multi-instrumentalist Stanley Clarke, accompanied by familiar musicians he has often worked with like George Duke and Chick Corea. Other legendary players on this record are John McLaughlin and Jeff Beck.
All tracks composed by Stanley Clarke; except where indicated
- "Silly Putty" (4:52)
- "Journey to Love" (4:52)
- "Hello Jeff" (5:16)
- "Song to John, Part 1" (Clarke, Corea) (4:22)
- "Song to John, Part 2" (Clarke, Corea) (6:09)
- "Concerto for Jazz/Rock Orchestra, Parts 1-4" (14:25)
- Stanley Clarke - electric bass, acoustic bass, organ, piccolo bass (first used by Stanley Clarke) with Maestro Synthesizer on "Concerto For Jazz/Rock Orchestra," hand bells, tubular bells, gong, vocals
- Jeff Beck - electric guitar on "Hello Jeff" and guitar solo on "Journey to Love"
- Chick Corea - acoustic piano on "Song to John"
- George Duke - organ, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer, keyboard, Arp Odyssey, clavinet, acoustic piano, electric piano, bells, vocals
- Earl Chapin - brass horn
- John Clark - brass horn
- Jon Faddis - trumpet
- Steve Gadd - drums, percussions
- Tony Williams drums on "Silly Putty"
- Peter Gordon - brass horn
- Tom "Bones" Malone - trombone
- John McLaughlin - acoustic guitar on "Song to John"
- Alan Rubin - trumpet
- David Sancious - electric guitar, 12-string guitar
- Lew Soloff - trumpet
- David Taylor - trombone
- Lenny White - drums on "Hello Jeff"
- Wilmer Wise - brass horn