|Born||29 October 1985|
|Genres||Electronic, dream pop, synthpop, classical, new-age, ambient|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, electronic musician, producer, remixer|
|Instruments||Synthesizer, Piano, Keyboards|
|Associated acts||Swartz & Schulner|
Swartz & Schulner
In 2008, Jowie Schulner began his career as part of a Dutch Tech Trance duo, Swartz & Schulner, by winning two remix contests for Hybrid Players and Brent Sadowick. Anthony Nardone's Looks Good (Swartz & Schulner Remix) that was played by UK's trance Legend Judge Jules on BBC Radio 1 as "Tried and Tested" track of the week (The "Looks Good" Remix by Swartz & Schulner has been played by Judge Jules at the Ministry Of Sound nightclub based in London ) and Will Atkinson's Pacific Moment (Swartz & Schulner Remix) reached the Top 10 Trance / Tech Trance Charts at Trackitdown, Beatport and Junodownload. Since then, every release of Swartz & Schulner ended up in the top 10 downloads. The duo received several mentions, such as MixMag. They have produced music for Musical Madness (Marcel Woods' record label), CGI records, Virus Audio, Riot Recordings, Crossing Over Recordings, Benefactor, Trance Allstars, Keep On Techno records, Digitally Infected, Tech Art records. They have also made remixes for Dart Rayne, Iris Deejay, Jason Grey, Joe-E, Louk and Matias Moor as well as produced a radio show called "Wicked Waves" at Digitally Imported.
In 2010, the same year that Jowie Schulner began his solo career, he also launched two separate record labels - Unitec Recordings and Boombar Music. In 2011, Jowie Schulner remixed Futurecop!'s single "Starworshipper", which was released on a German based record label Kiez Beats. Jowie also produces a radio show called "Boombar Music Club". His carefully thought out selection of tracks reflects his unique style in a blend of Progressive, Techno, House, Electronica, Trance, and everything in between. From May 2012 till October 2012 "Boombar Music Club" aired on Eclectic Radio and in April 2013 he continued his radio show at Digitally Imported Progressive, right after John Digweed's radio show.
Jowie Schulner's distinctive sound is a mixture of Electronic, Synthpop, and classical, combining synthesizers and dance beats with orchestral instruments and compositions. Jowie Schulner's music has been compared to Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis.
"Emotronic Diary" (limited cassette version released on Werkstatt Recordings) (p. 2014)
- Emotronic Diary (2013) - [Mixcloud - Stream only]
- Jowie Schulner - Casino Night (Sonic the Hedgehog) (2012)
- Jowie Schulner - Overlord a.k.a. Supremacy (2012)
- A New Day - Synthwave, Vol 1 - Kiez Beats (2012)
- Alpha Boy feat. Jowie Schulner - Lost In Space (2012)
- Embryonik - Space Cadet (Jowie Schulner Remix) (2011)
- Futurecop! - Starworshipper Feat STARRSET (Jowie Schulner Remix) (2012)
- Silenx - Kaleidoscope (Jowie Schulner Remix) (2011)
- Jowie Schulner at BBC music
- Shithouse, Rick (2012-08-07). "Jowie Schulner Steals Hearts". Synthetix.FM. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Looks Good Swartz & Schulner Rmx (BBC 1) by SWARTZ AND SCHULNER | Song | Free Music, Listen Now on Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Judge Jules Live @ Ministry Of Sound London - Official Video". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Hard Dance: February". Mixmag. 2013-01-17. Archived from the original on 2013-05-27. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- Sound, The. "Jowie Schulner – Interview | Golden Scissors". Goldenscissors.info. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- Sound, The. "Boombar Music Label – Interview | Golden Scissors". Goldenscissors.info. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Futurecop! - Starworshipper feat. Diana Gen & Starrset (Jowie Schulner Remix) [Kiez Beats". Beatport. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Boombar Music Club - Hosted by Jowie Schulner - Digitally Imported - addictive electronic music". Di.fm. Archived from the original on 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Jowie Schulner's new tune". electronic rumors. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Jowie Schulner's 'Emotions'". electronic rumors. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2013-10-08.