|Birth name||Joy Charity Enriquez|
|Born||June 6, 1978|
|Origin||Whittier, California, United States|
|Labels||Arista, JoyfulChild , Lifestyle Music Group|
Joy Charity Enriquez (born June 6, 1978) is an American singer and actress who has appeared on the television series 7th Heaven and also starred in films such as Chasing Papi and Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (voice). Enriquez was also a background singer to the single "When You Believe", a duet by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
Enriquez was born in Whittier, California, United States. At age sixteen she participated in Star Search and won eleven performances. After Star Search, her mother began sending out videotapes of her performances, hoping to land a record deal. Enriquez got a solo deal with LaFace Records and released her debut album Joy Enriquez, in 2001. The album and its first single, "Tell Me How You Feel" had some success internationally, providing the opportunity for Enriquez to make promotional visits to Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Singapore, and Korea. In the US, Enriquez's album was released one week after the 9/11 attacks. Her older sister, Tiffany Enriquez, who is still her manager as well as Epic Records recording artist Tiffany Dunn, has given voice lessons to American Idol finalist Allison Iraheta.
On April 4, 2004, Enriquez married record producer Rodney Jerkins, who had worked on her debut album. Their first child, Rodney David Jerkins Jr., was born on May 28, 2008. Their second child, daughter Heavenly Joy Jerkins, was born on November 17, 2009 at 9:58 a.m. at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Their third child, Hannah Joy Jerkins, arrived on October 19, 2012, followed by their fourth, Royal David Jerkins, in early 2015.
After almost completing a follow-up album in the same Pop/R&B vein as her debut, which would have featured the leaked track "It's So Funny", a collaboration with Mase, Joy had a change of heart about the musical direction she wished to pursue. She decided that her next release should be an inspirational/contemporary Christian music record. The ensuing album, Atmosphere of Heaven, was released on March 7, 2006 on the independent label JoyfulChild, which was formed by Jerkins and Enriquez.
In 2013, her reality series House of Joy premiered on the NUVOtv network on July 18, 2013. After each episode, a new digital single would be released on digital services. These eight songs, along with the theme song, were released on an EP, House of Joy, on September 10, 2013.
In 2015, she released two digital singles: "Hallelujah" featuring Lindsey Stirling and "Shine" featuring her daughter Heavenly Joy. Her third studio album The Call was released on January 15, 2016.
|Year||Album details||Chart positions|
|2006||Atmosphere of Heaven
|2013||House of Joy
|1999||"How Can I Not Love You"[B]||—||—||—||—||Joy Enriquez|
|2000||"Tell Me How You Feel"||—||31||24||14|
|2001||"Shake Up the Party"||23||—||57||45|
|"What Do You Want"||—||—||—||—|
|2006||"Get to Know Him"||—||—||—||—||Atmosphere of Heaven|
|"Been So Good"||—||—||—||—|
|2015||"Hallelujah" (featuring Lindsey Stirling)||—||—||—||—||The Call|
|"Shine" (featuring Heavenly Joy)||—||—||—||—|
|1998||"When You Believe" (background vocals)||The Prince of Egypt|
|1999||"How Can I Not Love You"||Anna and the King|
|2001||"Shake Up the Party"||Double Take|
|"Bella Notte (This Is the Night)" (with Carlos Ponce)||Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure|
|2002||"Shake Up the Party"||Boat Trip|
|2003||"Bad Girls"||Chasing Papi|
|"Beatz Be Rockin'"||iCarly|
Enriquez has been married to producer Rodney Jerkins since April 4, 2004, and they have four children: Rodney David Jerkins Jr., born on May 28, 2008; Heavenly Joy Jerkins, born on November 17, 2009; Hannah Joy Jerkins, born on October 19, 2012; and Royal David Jerkins, born in 2015.
|2001||Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure||Voice role|
|2000||Music in High Places||Herself||Episode "Joy Enriquez in Puerto Rico"|
|2001||The Bold and the Beautiful||Herself||1 episode|
|Resurrection Blvd.||Herself||Episode "Con Cuidado"|
|2001—2002||7th Heaven||Joy Reyes||6 episodes|
|2013||House of Joy||Herself||8 episodes|
- "Joy Enriquez's marriage and family". People.com Retrieved 2010-10-05
- "Rodney Jerkins and Joy Enriquez Welcome Daughter Hannah Joy". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- [dead link]
- "News - Can Rodney Jerkins' Reality TV Show 'House of Joy' Make His Wife a Star?". Singersroom.com. 2013-07-17. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "House of Joy: Joy Enriquez: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. 2013-09-10. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- nbcf (30 September 2015). "SHINE by Joy Enriquez" – via YouTube.
- JoyEnriquezVEVO (17 July 2015). "Joy Enriquez - Hallelujah (Lyric Video) ft. Lindsey Stirling" – via YouTube.
- "Capitol Christian Distribution".
- "ARIA Charts > Chart History". australian-charts.com Retrieved 20102-05-10
- "New Zealand Charts > Chart History". charts.org.nz Retrieved 20102-05-10
- "US Billboard and Canada charts > Chart History". billboard.com Retrieved 2010-05-10
- "AllMusic charts > Chart History". allmusic.com Retrieved 2010-05-11
- "Top 50 Singles Chart, Due Date: July 1, 2001 > Single reached Gold Archived March 9, 2009, at the Wayback Machine". rianz.org.nz Retrieved 2010-05-25
- "Black Celebrity News, Black Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News".
- Stiehl, Christina; Stiehl, Christina (19 October 2012). "Rodney Jerkins & Wife Joy Enriquez Welcome Daughter Hannah Joy".
- "LA Artist Spotlight: Singer Joy Enriquez - BELLA LA Magazine". 19 February 2016. Archived from the original on 16 August 2016.
- "Joy Enriquez's Hallelujah - Urban Network Digital". Archived from the original on 2016-08-06.
- "Rodney Jerkins' 5-Year-Old Daughter Heavenly Joy Auditions for 'America's Got Talent': Watch".
- "Joy Enriquez IMDB profile". IMDB.com Retrieved 2010-05-10