||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Joy Patricia Harmon
May 1, 1940
Flushing, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jeff Gourson (1968–2001); 3 children|
Joy Patricia Harmon was born in Flushing, New York. She and her family moved to Connecticut in 1946. A runner-up for Miss Connecticut, Harmon was a contestant during the last season of Groucho Marx's television program You Bet Your Life (titled The Groucho Show during its last season), and later a regular on Marx's program Tell It to Groucho (credited as "Patty Harmon"). She guest-starred on several 1960s TV series, including Gidget, Batman, and The Monkees. She appeared in a cameo role as blonde Ardice in the Jack Lemmon comedy Under the Yum Yum Tree in 1963. She had a role as Tony Dow's girlfriend in the 1965-66 television soap opera, Never Too Young.
Harmon's best-remembered acting roles are as the thirty-foot-tall (9 m) Merrie in Village of the Giants (1965; where she captures normal-sized Johnny Crawford and suspends him from her bikini top), and as the car-washing "Lucille" in Cool Hand Luke (1967) and her (41--22=36) measurements
Aunt Joy's Cakes
Harmon was married to Hollywood TV and film producer and film editor Jeff Gourson from 1968 to 2001, raising three children. In 1973, she left Hollywood to devote her time to her lifelong love of baking, as she started her own company, Aunt Joy's Cakes, a bakery located in Burbank, California.
- Angel in My Pocket (1969)
- Cool Hand Luke (1967)
- A Guide for the Married Man (1967)
- Village of the Giants (1965)
- The Loved One (1965)
- Young Dillinger (1965)
- Roustabout (1964)
- Under the Yum Yum Tree (1963)
- Mad Dog Coll (1961)
- Let's Rock (1958)
- The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956)
Selected television roles
- Thicker Than Water (1973)
- The Odd Couple (1972)
- Love, American Style (1972)
- The Monkees (2 appearances; 1967)
- That Girl (1967)
- Occasional Wife (1967)
- The Rounders (1966)
- Bewitched (1966)
- Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (1966)
- Batman (1966)
- Gidget (1965)
- Burke's Law (1964-65)
- My Three Sons (1964)
- The Beverly Hillbillies (1963)
- Sullivan, Steve (1998-06-15). Bombshells: Glamour Girls of a Lifetime. Macmillan. pp. 43–. ISBN 9781429956222. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Joy Harmon Movies". Blockbuster. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "Aunt Joy's Cakes". Yelp.com. Retrieved June 28, 2015.