Number of locations
|India, UAE, Singapore, United Kingdom, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, United States|
Joyalukkas is an ISO certified Indian jewellery group based in Thrissur, Kerala and Chennai, India. The company is named after Joy Alukkas, the company's chairman and founder. Joyalukkas group has 140 showrooms across the globe, employing around 8000 people, which is expected to triple by 2018. The group is also involved in Forex, construction, luxury air charter and helicopter services under the name Joy Jets.
Joy Alukkas learnt business from his father's jewellery showroom founded in 1956. Having gained experience there, he moved to the Middle East where he set up his first jewellery retail outlet in 1987, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and they were the first branded jewellery group established in Gulf Countries. More retail outlets were set up in the UAE in Dubai, Sharjah, Al-Ain and Ras Al-Khaimah, making him the first jeweller in the Middle East to be certified with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
The Joyalukkas group then shifted their headquarters to Palace road, Thrissur, Kerala to tap into the growing demand for gold in middle income families in India. Joyalukkas group has been on an aggressive expansion drive since 2000, and currently has 140 showrooms across the globe. Work is now underway to open showrooms in new territories, such as Canada, Australia and Sri Lanka by the close of the second quarter of 2017 taking the brand's reach to 14 countries.
Joyalukkas has branched out from jewellery and is involved in services such as money exchange, radio via RadioJoyAlukkas.com, luxury air charter via Joy Jets and malls via Malls of Joy.
Joy Alukkas is the founder and chairman of the group of Joyalukkas. He is an Indian entrepreneur from the city of Thrissur of Kerala. He has been listed by the Forbes Asia magazine as one among the 100 richest persons of India.
Joyalukkas group is the 'Superbrand' award winner of United Arab Emirates for 7 years in a row (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016). The award of Superbrands is organised by Superbrands, United Arab Emirates.
- Kajol 
- Hrithik Roshan
- R. Madhavan (Tamil Nadu)
- Allu Arjun (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana)
- Suresh Gopi (Kerala)
- Sudeep (Karnataka)
- Hiran (West Bengal)
- Shreya Ghoshal (Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal)
Early in the morning of Friday 25 August, Joyalukkas's Forest Gate branch was breached and thieves made away with £1.8 million worth of jewellery.
- Joy Alukkas-Forbes
- News - The Hindu - 4 March 2006
- News - The Business Standard - 10 January 2014
- The Times of India - 13 November 2012
- The Times of India - 22 December 2012
- Website - Forbes - Article
- News - The Hindu - 3 November 2011
- News - Arab News - 21 February 2017
- Times of India - 13 November 2012
- The New Indian Express - 22 December 2012
- Website of Forbes.com
- The Times of India - 2 October 2012
- The New Indian Express - 18 July 2011
- Joyalukkas Fb Post
- News - The Economic Times - 07 August 2017
- The Hindu - 7 August 2012
- News - The Hindu - 18 October 2012
- The Times Of India - 10 December 2012