||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Joan Staley|
|Succeeded by||Virginia Gordon|
May 20, 1940 |
The Bronx, New York, United States
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg; 8.6 st)|
Joyce Nizzari (born May 20, 1940 in The Bronx, New York) is an American model, dancer, and actress. She was Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for its December 1958 issue. Her centerfold was photographed by Bunny Yeager. She is of Italian descent.
Yeager discovered Nizzari in Miami when she was 15, but only had her do bikini shots until after Joyce turned 18. In August 1957 Nizzari won a cup awarded by the Florida Photographers Association. She was chosen queen of their annual convention.
She went on to date Hugh Hefner for a few years following her Playmate appearance, and she worked as a Bunny at the first Playboy Club in Chicago. In the late 1990s Joyce returned to the Playboy fold full-time as one of Hefner's assistants in the Playboy Mansion.
Nizzari appears in two films starring Frank Sinatra. These are A Hole In The Head (1959) and Come Blow Your Horn (1963). In the latter, a Paramount Pictures release, she played a zany interpretive dancer named Snow The film co-starred Barbara Rush, Lee J. Cobb, and Jill St. John. When she signed on to play in Come Blow Your Horn Nizzari had just completed a Barry Ashton dance revue, Chips Off The Old Block, at the Statler Hilton in Los Angeles, California. She also played a bit part in the slapstick comedy The Great Race starring Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis.
Nizzari was married to character actor Jack Hogan.
- Green Acres - "Eb Discovers the Birds and the Bees" (1966) .... Cigarette girl
- Petticoat Junction - The Windfall (1966) .... Hat Check Girl
- The Beverly Hillbillies
- "Brewster's Baby" (1966) .... Kitty Kat Showgirl
- "Clampett's Millions" (1965) .... Mabel Slocum
- "Double Naught Jethro" (1965) .... Mabel Slocum
- The Great Race (1965) (uncredited) .... Woman in West
- Burke's Law
- "Who Killed the Grand Piano?" (1965) .... Bunny #2, 'Tammy'
- "Who Killed Hamlet?" (1965) .... 1st Girl at Bar
- "Who Killed Molly?" (1964) .... Molly Baker
- Pajama Party (1964) .... Pajama Girl
- Seven Days in May (1964) (uncredited)
- The Candidate (1964) .... Party Girl
- Come Blow Your Horn (1963) .... Snow Eskanazi
- Playboy's Penthouse - Episode dated October 24, 1959 (1959)
- A Hole in the Head (1959) .... Alice (Jerry's secretary)
- The Wild Women of Wongo (1958) .... Woman of Wongo
- Hayward, California Daily Review, Joyce Nizzari Gets Sinatra Film Role, January 6, 1963, Page 46.
- Long Beach, California Press-Telegram, Queen of Florida Photogs, August 21, 1957, Page 11.