Joyful Jukebox Music
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Joyful Jukebox Music|
|Compilation album by The Jackson 5|
|Released||October 26, 1976|
|Genre||Soul, funk, pop|
|Producer||Hal Davis & The Corporation|
|The Jackson 5 chronology|
Joyful Jukebox Music is a compilation album by The Jackson 5 released on the Motown label in 1976. It was released after The Jackson 5 broke their contract with Motown; Michael and his brothers had already released the album The Jacksons when Joyful Jukebox Music landed in the bins. Before this break, the Jackson 5 were working hard, dozens of songs per album; Motown gathered some that had been recorded around the years 1972–1975, for recording sessions and albums: Skywriter, Get It Together, Dancing Machine and Moving Violation. Those years were very prolific for the Jackson brothers, since in addition to the aforementioned two albums and tracks, Jermaine, Michael and Jackie each had a solo album at that time (respectively Come Into My Life, Music & Me, Jackie Jackson and Forever, Michael), Tito also recorded instrumental solos.
The albums Joyful Jukebox Music and Boogie were distributed for a very short period, and the album is one of the rarest albums of the Jackson 5, though not as scarce as Boogie. In 2004, it was available for a limited time from Hip-O Select, to complement Motown's 2001 "2 Albums on 1 CD" re-issue set of the Jackson 5's albums, on which some of these songs were issued as bonus tracks. Although only 5,000 copies were pressed, the album contains the previously unreleased full 15+ minute take of the song "Hum Along and Dance."
- "Joyful Jukebox Music" (Tom Bee, Michael Edward Campbell) - 3:15
- "Window Shopping" (Clay Drayton, Tamy Smith, Pam Sawyer) - 2:47
- "You're My Best Friend, My Love" (Sam Brown III, Christine Yarian) - 3:24
- "Love Is The Thing You Need" (Fonce Mizell, Larry Mizell) - 3:05
- "The Eternal Light" (Mel Larson, Jerry Marcellino) - 3:13
- "Pride and Joy" (Norman Whitfield, Marvin Gaye, William Stevenson) - 3:13 (Marvin Gaye cover)
- "Through Thick and Thin" (Mel Larson, Jerry Marcellino) - 2:42
- "We're Here To Entertain You" (Hal Davis, Nita Garfield, Charlotte O'Hara) - 3:02
- "Make Tonight All Mine" (Freddie Perren, Christine Yarian) - 3:19
- "We're Gonna Change Our Style" (Clay Drayton, Judy Cheeks) - 2:46
- Sullivan, Randall (2012). Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson. Grove Press.
- Taraborrelli, J Randy (2009). Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness. Pan.
- Planer, Lindsay. "Joyful Jukebox Music: Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 7 June 2014.