From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joyo Velarde performing live in May 2009.
|Birth name||Joyo Velarde|
|Born||1974 (age 42–43)|
|Origin||El Cerrito, California, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, pop, soul, funk|
|Years active||1997 – present|
|Associated acts||Lyrics Born, Latyrx|
Joyo Velarde's self-titled EP, Joyo Velarde, was released in May 2009.
Style and influences
- Love and Understanding (2010)
- Hey Love (2008)
- Joyo Velarde (2009)
- "Sweet Angels" (2001)
- Latyrx - "Balcony Beach" from Latyrx (1997)
- Lyrics Born - "Love Me So Bad" from Later That Day (2003)
- Lyrics Born - "Over You" and "I Can't Wait for Your Love" from Same !@$ Different Day (2005)
- Lyrics Born - "I've Lost Myself" from As U Were (2010)
- Latyrx - "Nebula's Eye" from The Second Album (2013)
- Seltenrich, Nate (July 17, 2009). "Your Daily Lick: Joyo Velarde". East Bay Express.
- Martin, Andrew (June 21, 2009). "Joyo Velarde: Joyo Velarde EP". PopMatters.
- West, Emily (July 3, 2009), "Jumping for Joyo - Foothill alumna steps into the spotlight as a soulful recording artist", Pleasanton Weekly
- Baird, Saxon (April 13, 2010). "Joyo Velarde: Love and Understanding". PopMatters.
- Port, Ian S. (February 17, 2010). "Track of the Day: From Joyo Velarde's Quannum Debut". SF Weekly.
- Selvin, Carla (March 23, 2010). "Q&A w/ Joyo Velarde of Quannum Projects". SF Weekly.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joyo Velarde.|