Park Jin-young (entertainer, born 1994)
Jinyoung performing on Wonder World tour in September 2012.
September 22, 1994
Jinhae-gu, Changwon, South Korea
|Residence||Seoul, South Korea|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Jin-yeong|
Park Jin-young (Hangul: 박진영; Hanja: 朴珍榮; born September 22, 1994), better known by the mononym Jinyoung, is a South Korean singer, songwriter and actor. He is a member of the duo JJ Project and the group Got7, both of which are under JYP Entertainment. Park made his acting debut in the Dream High 2 (2012) followed by supporting roles in When a Man Falls in Love (2013) and Beloved Eun-dong (2015). He made his film debut in the independent film A Stray Goat (2016).
Originally Jinyoung debuted under the stage name Jr. since he shares his real name with JYP Entertainment's founder. On May 5, 2015, he changed it to Junior due to the confusion of fans and media about the correct pronunciation and as of August 16, 2016, it was made official that he would simply go by his given name, Park Jinyoung.
2011-2014: Debut and career beginnings
In 2011, Jinyoung was cast in the role of Jung Ui-bong in the television drama Dream High 2. The drama began airing on January 30, 2012 on KBS. On February 29, Park released the song "We Are The B" for the drama's soundtrack, along with Jinwoon, Kang So-ra and Kim Ji-soo.
In May 2012, Jinyoung and fellow trainee JB debuted as the duo JJ Project with the single album JJ Project Slot Machine. Their official music video for title track "Bounce" was released on May 19, and the duo began promotions for "Bounce" on M! Countdown on May 24.
On March 11, 2013, it was announced that Jinyoung would be appearing as Ddol-yi on MBC's new drama When a Man Falls in Love. His bandmate JB also had a role in the drama, which aired for twenty episodes beginning April 3. On December 24, 2013, the two members of JJ Project debuted as part of a 7-member boy band called Got7. The group dropped their first EP Got It? on January 20, 2014 with successful charting and sales. Park also made the choreography for one of the singles, Follow Me.
2015-present: Hosting and film debut
Aside from Got7's activities, Park has participated in various music and acting projects. In 2015, he was cast in a supporting role in the drama Beloved Eun-dong, which aired on JTBC from May 29 to July 18. The same year in March he was hired as official host for M Countdown alongside Key, his group member BamBam and CNBLUE's Lee Jung-shin. Park left his position as MC in March 2016 to focus on Got7's group activities including the group's first worldwide concert tour.
In 2016, Park was announced to be cast as the male lead in the film A Stray Goat, directed by Cho Jae-min. The film follows a high school student, played by Park, who moves to the town of Goseong where he meets a girl, played by actress Ji Woo, who is an outcast because of suspicions about her father. The movie had its world premiere at the Jeonju International Film Festival. It was one of the three films for the Jeonju Cinema Project. In September 2016, he was cast in a supporting role in the drama The Legend of the Blue Sea where he portrays the teenage version of Lee Min-ho's character, who is the protagonist of the series.
On 1 February 2017, SBS announced that GOT7's JinYoung, NCT's DoYoung, and BLACKPINK's Jisoo have been chosen as the new fixed MCs of SBS “Inkigayo”. On 1 March 2017, the film A Stray Goat, came out with Jinyoung as the actor for the main lead Jo Min-sik.
Park's first self-written song, titled "이.별" (English: "This Star"), was released on Got7's repackaged album Mad Winter Edition. The group's fifth mini album, Flight Log: Departure, includes Park's second self-written track, titled "못하겠어" (English: "Can't"). The song is about the question of whether or not to give up everything for the person you love. Park co-composed the track with Distract and Secret Weapon. In an interview with Joon Choi (Distract), he praised Park's dedication and songwriting ability. Choi also mentioned Park as one artist that exceeded his expectations because he impressed him with his skills in the studio despite not being the lead singer of the group. For Got7's second studio album, Flight Log: Turbulence, Park contributed to the track "Mayday" which he, once again, co-composed with Distract and Secret Weapon.
|2012||"B급 인생 (We are the B)"||
||Dream High 2 OST|
|2012||Dream High 2||Jung Ui-bong||KBS2||Supporting character|
|2013||When a Man Falls in Love||Ddol-yi||MBC|
|2015||Dream Knight||Junior||Youku Tudou||Korean-Chinese web series by JYPE and Youku Tudou|
|Beloved Eun-dong||17-year-old Park Hyun-soo||jTBC||Younger version of the protagonist|
|2016||The Legend of the Blue Sea||Teenage Heo Joon-jae / Kim Dam-ryung||SBS|
|2017||A Stray Goat||Jo Min-sik||Lead Role|
Music video appearances
|2010||"Tasty San"||San E|
|2015||"Speed Up"||Melody Day|||
- "Self-introduction of Mark, Jackson, JB and Jinyoung". The Star. Chosun. February 27, 2014. Archived from the original on October 15, 2016. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "Notice of Got7 Jr. Name Change". got7.jype.com. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "박진영 on Twitter". Archived from the original on October 14, 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Oh, Mi-jung (15 January 2012). "A Peek at Dream High 2's Couples". Mwave via CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- 'Dream High Season 2' To Begin
- Dream High 2, "We Are The B": upbeat melodies, popular explosion
- "JJ프로젝트 '바운스', 아이튠즈 10위 '성공적 데뷔 신고식'". The Chosun Ilbo. 21 May 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "JJ Project Takes Over Youtube Charts". MWave. May 22, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "JJ Project′s JB to Appear as Shin Se Kyung′s Little Brother in ′When a Man Falls in Love′". Ko Hung Ju. CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "JYP, 포스트 2PM 그룹명은 '갓세븐(GOT7)'..16일 데뷔무대". Osen. January 1, 2014. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Benjamin, Jeff (January 31, 2014). "Hyorin Earns Third K-Pop No. 1, GOT7 Tops World Albums". Billboard K-Town. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- "2014년 05주차 Album Chart". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved February 17, 2015.
- Jee-Won, Jeong. "GOT7 Talks ′Identify,′ Building Teamwork and More". Newsen Jeong Jee Won. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Yoon Sarah (18 June 2015). "GOT7 member to feature in local magazine". K-Pop Herald. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- Ghim, Sora (1 May 2015). "Stills of Jr. From His First Filming Are Released". BNT News. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "M Countdown hired new MC's". Naver via Mnet. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Got7's Junior and Bambam leave, 'M Countdown' MC's final farewell". Newsen. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Jason Bechervaise (2016-04-13). "Over 200 movies featured at Jeonju Film Festival". Koreatimes. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- Jung Shi-woo (2016-01-06). "GOT7 주니어-지우 '눈발' 촬영현장 공개…설레는 첫만남텐아시아 | 텐아시아". TenAsia (in Korean). Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- http://www.kpopmap.com/jinyoung-doyoung-jisoo-confirmed-new-sbs-inkigayo-mc/. Missing or empty
- A Stray Goat, retrieved 2017-03-05
- Jung Shi-woo (2015-11-24). "Got7 releases album with three new songs". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "갓세븐, 트랙리스트 공개..6곡 작사·작곡 직접 참여" [Got7's track list and composers are revealed]. StarNews (in Korean). 2016-02-29. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- "Behind the Song: GOT7 "CAN'T"". March 23, 2016. Retrieved June 15, 2016.
- "갓세븐 컴백 타이틀 곡='하드캐리', 가요계 하드캐리 예고 [Got7 release tracklist for upcoming album]". Chosun (in Korean). September 17, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Gaon Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Chart.
- "Gaon Chart: 2012-03-04~2012-03-10".
- Cumulative sales for "We are the B":
- 김유진 (January 24, 2017). "'인기가요' 측 "진영-지수? 신중히 고려 중..확정 아냐"(공식입장)" (in Korean). tenasia.hankyung.com. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Grace Danbi Hong. "2PM's Junho Woos Min Hyo Rin in 'Feel' Korean Version MV". Mwave. CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Lee, Ji Young. "MelodyDay Poses with GOT7′s Jr. from ′Speed Up′ MV Set". Mwave. CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Park Jin-young (entertainer, born 1994).|