Juan A. Uceda
|Juan A. Uceda|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|3 April 2010|
|Presidency of the Seventy|
|1 August 2017|
|Born||Juan Alberto Uceda Andrade
10 July 1953
Juan Alberto Uceda Andrade (born 10 July 1953) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2010. He has been a member of the Presidency of the Seventy since August 2017.
Uceda converted to the LDS Church in 1972. He served as a Mormon missionary in Peru and as a stake Sunday School president, bishop, counselor in a stake presidency, and as president of the Lima Peru Magdalena Stake. Uceda was also president of the Lima Peru North Mission. He became an area seventy in 1995, during which time he was the second counselor in the presidency of the church's South America West Area.
Uceda worked in the Church Educational System as the area director for Peru and Bolivia. In 2003, Ucdea moved to New Jersey to help his father run their family business. At the time of his call to the First Quorum of the Seventy, Uceda was living in Clifton, New Jersey, and serving as a counselor in the presidency of the Caldwell New Jersey Stake. As a general authority, he served as a counselor in the presidency of the church's South America Northwest Area from 2010 to 2013. From 2013 to 2016, he served as president of that area, covering Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela. In August 2016, he was assigned to the church's headquarters and became an assistant executive director of the church's Missionary Department. In May 2017, it was announced that Uceda would become a member of the Presidency of the Seventy at the beginning of August. He has responsibility for the church's North America Southwest Area.
Uceda and his wife, Maria Isabel Bendezú, are the parents of five children.
- "Area leadership", Church News, May 25, 2013.
- lds.org LDS.org biography of Uceda, retrieved May 4, 2017
- "First Presidency announces changes in area leadership assignments". Church News. 3 May 2017.
- New Area Leaders assigned, Ensign, August 2017, pp. 14-15. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Elder Juan A. Uceda," Liahona, May 2010, p. 141
- Megan Matis, "Spanish-speaking YSAs attend conference in N.J.", Mormon Times April 29, 2009
- "New Area Assignments", Church News, June 16, 2001
- "5 Added to Second Quorum of the Seventy", Church News, October 5, 2002
- "Excitment for missionary work surges", Church News, June 19, 1999
- "New mission", Church News, May 30, 1992.