Juan Azulay (born February 29, 1972) is a director, media artist, author and designer. As a director and media artist, he is known for his collaboration work with British band The Cult, Icelandic art rock band Sigur Rós, No Wave Legend Lydia Lunch and his directing work alongside Oscar-winner cinematographer Guillermo Navarro. His design work and films have received over a dozen recognized awards in competition and his work has been included in prestigious exhibitions like the 2011 Ville Fertile at Cite de l'Architecture et Patrimoine in Paris and is part of the permanent collection at the MAK in Vienna. Azulay's work is produced through a creative practice called MTTR MGMT, of which he is the creative director.
Film and video art work
- 2010 "Flood Stains" with Lydia Lunch. Credited as writer and director
- 2011 "The Blue of Noon" with Maurice Compte. Credited as writer and director
- 2011 "Raven". Starring Deezer D. Credited as director
- 2012 "Blue Eyed Sailor" with Guillermo Navarro and Mia Maestro ~ Music Video
- 2015 "Let Me Be Your Light" with The Black Ryder ~ Music Video
- 2015 "Rumors" with The Bulls ~ Music Video
- 2015 "Dark Energy" with The Cult ~ Lyric Video
- 2015 "Deeply Ordered Chaos" with The Cult ~ Lyric Video
- 2016 "Hinterland" with The Cult ~ Music Video
- 2016 "G O A T" with The Cult ~ Music Video
- 2017 "Sound Bath" with Sigur Rós ~ Visual Media Live Show
- 2017 "Norður og Niður: Liminal Sound Bath" with Sigur Rós and Alex Somers ~ Visual Media Live Show
- 2000 "Aquatic Terrarium for the New Barcelona Zoo" in the Universal Forum of Cultures of 2004 in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2003 "Clifton Middle School" in Monrovia, California.
- 2005 "Northview Gymnasium" in Duarte, California.
- 2006 "3x1 Housing Project" in Hollywood, California.
- 2007 "Glendale Satellite Library" in Glendale, California.
- 2008 "MAK t6 Vacant" at the MAK Center Vienna.
- 2009 "Master Plan for Shaoxing, China" in Shaoxing, China.
- 2010 "Vivarium" at the Southern California Institute of Architecture.
- eVOLO 5 ARCHI73C7UR3 X3NOCUL7UR3 By Juan Azulay w/Benjamin Rice and Carlo Aiello ISBN 978-1938740039. 300 pages Publisher: eVolo (February 28, 2013)
- Living Systems: Innovative Materials and Technologies for Landscape Architecture By Liat Margolis, Alexander Robinson ISBN 978-3-7643-7700-7
- Movie Maker Magazine The Future of Movie Making 2008. March 2008, Vol. Spring 2008, Iss. 75, pg. 3, by: Bob Fisher
- Pulsation in Architecture [Paperback] by Eric Goldemberg. Publication Date: October 4, 2011 ISBN 1604270233 ISBN 978-1604270235
- Manifiesto en Tierra de Nadie Oeste: Cambios de Estado. 2001. ISSN 0212-9043
- La Ville Fertile[permanent dead link] at Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine. Palais de Chaillot, Paris, France. 2011. Exhibition of MAK t6 Vacant Project.
- Flowen Launch Los Angeles Times by Adam Tschorn. April 7.2015 at The George C. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles
- 6 Innovative Fashion Brands Coming Out of L.A. by Alison C. Cohn. Elle Magazine, November 2015.
- The Cult Pays Tribute to Paris Tragedies With 'Deeply Ordered Chaos' by Luis Polanco. Billboard, November 2015.
- The Cult Premieres Hinterland by Chris Payne. Billboard, January 2016.
- Sound Bathing with Sigur Rós, Billboard Magazine, April 2017 
- "Sound Bathing With Sigur Rós and Their Lord Jones Edibles". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Blue Eyed Sailor on NOWNESS
- Juan Azulay on imdb
- Juan Azulay Interview in the Harvard University Review of Latin America
- Vivarium in Designboom
- Flood Stains (Lunch & Azulay) in Abitare
- MAK t6 VACANT in Living Systems: Innovative Materials and Technologies for Landscape Architecture By Liat Margolis, Alexander Robinson ISBN 978-3-7643-7700-7
- Barcelona 2004 Zoo Project (Azulay, Paez, Muro, Lay) in Arquitectura Viva
- 3x1 Housing Project - Award of Merit American Institute of Architects P & F AIA 2005 PF
- MTTR MGMT on the WEB
- Juan Azulay at SCI-Arc
- Raven - dir. Juan Azulay - is awarded 2011 Best Experimental Film at the Los Angeles Underground Film Festival