Juan Carlos Campuzano
Juan Carlos Campuzano is a Paraguayan American physicist and an expert in high-temperature superconductivity researcher. He was a Distinguished Fellow at Argonne National Laboratory(the equivalent of an endowed chair), and a Distinguished University of Illinois at Chicago Professor of Physics at University of Illinois at Chicago. He is also a 2001 American Physical Society Fellow and a recipient of the 2011 Oliver Buckley Prize in Condensed Matter Physics.
Campuzano obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. in physics from University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in 1972 and 1978 respectively. He had also worked as Post-Doctoral Fellow, Research Associate at University of Liverpool and University of Cambridge His research interests include infrared spectroscopy on metal surfaces, electronic excitations in high temperature superconductors and other materials, etc.
- Ph.D., Physics, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, 1978.
- B.S., Applied Mathematics and Physics, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, 1972.
- Buckley Prize, 2011
- HENAAC Outstanding Technical Achievement Award, 2007
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 2001.
- The University of Chicago Medal for Distinguished Performance at Argonne National Laboratory, 1999.
- The American Vacuum Society Scholar, 1975.
- Research Fellowship, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 1974.
- "The origin of multiple superconducting gaps in MgB2," Nature 423, (2003) 65-67, S. Souma, Y. Machida, T. Sato, T. Takahashi, H. Matsui, S.-C. Wang, H. Ding, A. Kaminski, J. C. Campuzano, S. Sasaki, K. Kadowaki.
- "Spontaneous breaking of time-reversal symmetry in the pseudogap state of a high-T-c superconductor," Nature 416, (2002) 610-613, A. Kaminski, S. Rosenkranz, H.M. Fretwell, J.C. Campuzano, Z. Li, H. Raffy, W.G. Cullen, H. You, C.G. Olson, C.M. Varma, and H. Hochst.
- "Condensation energy and spectral functions in high-temperature superconductors," Phys Rev B 61 (2000) 14742-14750, M.R. Norman, M. Randeria, B. Janko B, and J.C. Campuzano.
- "Destruction of the Fermi surface in underdoped high-Tc superconductors," Nature 392 (1998) 157, M. Norman, H. Ding, M. Randeria, J.C. Campuzano, T. Yokoya, T. Takeuchi, T. Takahashi, T. Mochiku, K. Kadowaki, P. Guptasarma, and D.G. Hinks.
- "Unusual dispersion and line shape of the superconducting spectra of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d," Physical Review Letters 79, (1997) 3506-3510, M. R. Norman, H. Ding, J. C. Campuzano, T. Takeuchi, M. Randeria, T. Yokoya, T. Takahashi, T. Mochiku, and K. Kadowaki.
- "Spectroscopic evidence for a pseudogap in the normal state of underdoped high Tc superconductors," Nature. 382 (July 4, 1996) p51-54, H. Ding, T. Yokoya, J.C. Campuzano, T. Takahashi, M. Randeria, M.R. Norman, T. Mochiku, K. Kadowaki, and J. Giapintzakis.