Juan Carlos Maccarone
Early life and ordination
On 30 January 1993 at the age of 52 Maccarone was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lomas de Zamora, Argentina with the simultaneous appointment to the Titular Bishop of Mauriana. In 1996, he became bishop in Roman Catholic Diocese of Chascomús. On 18 February 1999, Maccarone was nominated as bishop in Roman Catholic Diocese of Santiago del Estero.
Gay sex scandal
In 2005, a video showing Maccarone having sex with a 23-year-old man, his chauffeur, was made public. Maccarone resigned as a bishop on 19 August 2005, which was immediately accepted by then Pope Benedict XVI.
- "Murió el obispo de Claypole Juan Carlos Maccarone". Noticias de Brown. 2015-03-30. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- "Bishop Juan Carlos Maccarone [Catholic-Hierarchy]". www.catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- Indymedia:Catholic Archbishop goes down in Gay Sex video scandal
- Queer:Bischof zurückgetreten (german)
- Argentine cleric caught on tape
- Joven filmó encuentro sexual con obispo
|This biographical article about an Argentine religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Catholic bishop from South America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|