Chang playing for Aurora in 2013
|Date of birth||November 17, 1987|
|Place of birth||Heidelberg, West Germany|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Forward - Midfielder|
|2006–2010||Oral Roberts University|
|2008||Colorado Rapids U-23||0||(0)|
|2012||→ Aurora (loan)||25||(1)|
|2015||Western Suburbs FC||17||(13)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Juan José Chang (born November 17, 1987) is a soccer player, currently playing for Canterbury United in New Zealand. Previously he played in the United States for the Cascade Surge in Oregon, Rochester Thunder in Minnesota, Antigua GFC, Aurora FC, Ce TecnoFutbol in Catalunya and Oral Roberts University in Tulsa.
American college career
After playing for several youth clubs in Guatemala during his teenage years, Chang chose to come to the United States and was awarded a full soccer scholarship. His 4 years in the USA took place at Oral Roberts University, Tulsa. Chang was the team leader in goals and points during his freshman, sophomore and junior year. In 2006, he was named the 4th best freshman All-American in the NCAA. He was also named to the First Team All conference in the Mid-Conference.
During his sophomore season at Oral Roberts he was also named to the First Team All Conference. His junior year he was named to the Second Team all conference in the Summit League. And in his Senior year he was the MVP at Oral Roberts University and was awarded with the Presidents Cup. He finished his college career at Oral Roberts ranking 3rd place all-time at ORU with 25 career goals. He also ranks seventh in the school history with 57 career points. Chang ranks in the ORU career top 10 in three categories. He is third in goals (25), seventh in points (57) and 10th in games played.
For season 2010–11, Chang returned to Central America and joined forces with US coach Jeffrey Korytoski at Antigua GFC. Chang scored his first professional goal on January 15, 2011 against Santa Lucia in the Guatemalan Second Division. Chang obtained two national championships with Antigua GFC in the second division of Guatemala and got promoted to the Primera Division in May 2011. In their first tournament in Primera Division in 2011–2012 Antigua GFC finished second in the regular season.
Chang was sent on loan to Aurora FC in Torneo Apertura in 2012. Playing 25 games in the Primera Division Tournament. After the 2012 tournament Chang signed with Aurora FC for the 2013 Tournament. After playing with Aurora FC in 2013, Chang signed with Aurora FC for the 2013/2014 season. Chang played 2 games in the 2013/2014 season and was offered to go to Spain to play in the Primera Catalana
Chang made his official debut in Spain on November 3. After playing the 2013/14 season with Spanish club CE Tecnofutbol, Chang had his contract renewed. Chang scored 10 goals in his first season with CE TecnoFutbol and scored 4 goals in his second season.
- Labine, Jeff (July 23, 2010). "Chill clinch Heartland Division with 2–1 win over Rochester". tbnewswatch.com.
- WIU Sports Media Services (November 7, 2008). "Leathernecks face Oral Roberts, winner takes all". Macomb Journal. GateHouse Media, Inc. Archived from the original on March 15, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- "#9 Juan Chang". Biographies. Oral Roberts University. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- "Records". Oral Roberts University. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Chang, Talbert Receive Top Honors at ORU All-Sports Banquet". Oral Roberts University. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 30, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 5, 2013. Retrieved August 28, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 7, 2015. Retrieved February 7, 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)