Juan Manuel Márquez vs. Manny Pacquiao II
|Date||March 15, 2008|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center, Paradise, Nevada, United States|
|Title(s) on the line||WBC, vacant The Ring & lineal junior-lightweight titles|
|Tale of the tape|
|Manny Pacquiao won via split decision|
Juan Manuel Márquez vs. Manny Pacquiao II, billed as Unfinished Business, was a junior-lightweight title boxing match. The bout took place on March 15, 2008 at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States and was distributed by HBO PPV. The fight is second of the Pacquiao-Márquez tetralogy.
Pacquiao defeated Márquez via split decision, knocking down Márquez once in the third round. Two of the judges scored 115-112 and 114-113 for Pacquiao, while the third judge scored 115-112 in favor of Márquez. After the fight, Pacquiao admittedly considered this fight as his most difficult fight since their first match in 2004.
- "Pacquiao defeats Marquez in rematch!". philboxing.com.
- "Marquez vs. Pacquiao 2 "Unfinished Business" Press Conference - Pound4Pound.com - P4P Number 1". www.pound4pound.com.
- "Ring Editor Predicts Pacquiao Over Marquez". BoxingScene.com.
- "Pacquiao says his hardest fight was with Marquez". GMA News Online.
- Mirror.co.uk (17 March 2008). "Manny Pacquiao notches fourth division crown with victory over Juan Manuel Marquez". mirror.
vs. Rocky Juarez
| Juan Manuel Márquez's bouts
March 15, 2008
vs. Joel Casamayor
vs. Marco Antonio Barrera II
| Manny Pacquiao's bouts
March 15, 2008
vs. David Diaz