|Saraperos de Saltillo|
April 25, 1983 |
Consolación del Sur, Cuba
|September 18, 2008, for the New York Yankees|
(through 2011 season)
|Runs batted in||37|
Miranda signed a four-year contract with the New York Yankees worth $2 million on December 12, 2006. He spent the 2007 season with their Single-A affiliate Tampa Yankees and Double-A Trenton Thunder. In 2008, he was promoted to Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees.
On September 16, 2008, Miranda was called up by the Yankees for the first time in his career. He made his major league debut on September 18, 2008. His first major league plate appearance resulted in a walk. He was called up again briefly in April 2009, as a replacement for David Robertson.
Miranda returned to the Yankees in 2010, when an injury to Nick Johnson provided him his first opportunity to receive extended major league action, appearing in 33 games over the course of the season.
On December 6, 2011, Miranda signed a minor league contract with the Tampa Bay Rays, which included an invitation to spring training. On June 9, 2012, he was released while playing for the Triple-A Durham Bulls.
Afterwards, Miranda played with the Vaqueros Laguna of the Mexican League in 2013 and for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters of the Pacific League in 2014, where he hit for an average of .227 in 116 games with 42 walks and 14 home runs, but struck out 108 times in 427 plate appearances. Miranda returned to the Vaqueros Laguna for the 2015 season, then was traded to the Guerreros de Oaxaca on February 17, 2016. He was released on April 20, then signed with the Saraperos de Saltillo of the Mexican League on May 17.
Juan has a son named Edgar Miguel Miranda who was born January 25, 2007.
- King, George. "JUAN MORE YANK". NY Post. Archived from the original on March 23, 2008. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- Jennings, Chad (May 30, 2010). "Baseball Beat: Miranda's long trip ends with Yankees". The Journal News. Archived from the original on June 2, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- "Outfielder-first baseman signs with Yankees". ESPN. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- "Yankees sign Cuban prospect". MLB.com. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- Jennings, Chad (September 16, 2008). "Miranda called up". The Times-Tribune. Retrieved September 17, 2008.
- "D-backs land Miranda from Yankees | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Diablos Rojos se lleva la serie ante Vaqueros Laguna - Terra México". Deportes.terra.com.mx. 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Nippon Ham oficializa firma del toletero cubano Juan Miranda. Últimas Noticias (Spanish). Retrieved on December 29, 2016.
- Juan Miranda volverá con Vaqueros Laguna. El Siglo de Torreón (Spanish). Retrieved on December 29, 2016.