|Diablos Rojos del México|
April 25, 1983 |
Consolación del Sur, Cuba
|September 18, 2008, for the New York Yankees|
(through 2011 season)
|Runs batted in||37|
Juan Miguel Miranda (born April 25, 1983, in Consolación del Sur, Cuba) is a Cuban professional baseball first baseman who plays for the Diablos Rojos del México of the Mexican League. He has played in Major League Baseball for the New York Yankees and Arizona Diamondbacks.
He signed a four-year contract with the New York Yankees worth $2 million on December 12, 2006. He played the 2007 season with the Yankees Single-A affiliate, the Tampa Yankees, and Double-A affiliate, the Trenton Thunder. He played the 2008 season with the Yankees' Triple-A affiliate, the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees.
On September 16, 2008, Miranda was called up to the New York Yankees for the first time in his career. He made his major league debut on September 18, 2008. His first major league plate appearance resulted in a walk. He was called up again briefly in April 2009, replacing David Robertson.
He recorded a walk-off game-winning single against the Kansas City Royals on September 29, 2009. He hit his first Major League home run on October 2, 2009 against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Miranda was again called up to the Yankees in 2010, with an injury to Nick Johnson providing Miranda with his first opportunity to receive extended major league action, appearing in 33 games over the course of the 2010 season.
On December 6, 2011, Miranda signed a minor league contract, with an invitation to spring training, with the Tampa Bay Rays. On June 9, 2012, Miranda was released while playing for the Triple-A Durham Bulls.
He signed a 2014 contract to play for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters of the Pacific League of Nippon Professional Baseball on October 29, 2013.  Miranda hit for an average of .227 in 116 games with 42 walks and 14 home runs, but struck out 108 times in 427 plate appearances. After the season Miranda returned to the Vaqueros Laguna for the 2015 season.
Juan has a son named Edgar Miguel Miranda who was born January 25, 2007.
- King, George. "JUAN MORE YANK". NY Post. Archived from the original on March 23, 2008. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- Jennings, Chad (May 30, 2010). "Baseball Beat: Miranda's long trip ends with Yankees". The Journal News. Archived from the original on June 2, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- "Outfielder-first baseman signs with Yankees". ESPN. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- "Yankees sign Cuban prospect". MLB.com. Retrieved September 18, 2008.
- Jennings, Chad (September 16, 2008). "Miranda called up". The Times-Tribune. Retrieved September 17, 2008.
- "D-backs land Miranda from Yankees | MLB.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Diablos Rojos se lleva la serie ante Vaqueros Laguna - Terra México". Deportes.terra.com.mx. 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2013-04-21.