Säyneinen Church in Juankoski
Location of Juankoski in Finland
|Sub-region||Northeastern Savonia sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Petri Kangasperko|
|• Total||586.29 km2 (226.37 sq mi)|
|• Land||465.31 km2 (179.66 sq mi)|
|• Water||120.98 km2 (46.71 sq mi)|
|Area rank||199th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||185th largest in Finland|
|• Density||10.43/km2 (27.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.8%|
|• 15 to 64||64.3%|
|• 65 or older||21.9%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||21%|
It is located in the province of Eastern Finland and is part of the Northern Savonia region. The town has a population of 4,851 (30 June 2015) and covers an area of 586.29 square kilometres (226.37 sq mi) of which 120.98 km2 (46.71 sq mi) is water. The population density is 10.43 inhabitants per square kilometre (27.0/sq mi). Juankoski became a town in 1998.
Neighbouring municipalities of Juankoski are Juuka, Kaavi, Tuusniemi, Kuopio, Nilsiä and Rautavaara.
Villages Akonvesi, Hipanlahti, Jouhteninen (Joutseninen), Muuruvesi (village), Säyneinen (village), Vehkalahti, Västinniemi and Akonpohja, which is located in address 73500
Eija Ahvo, musician Kaj Chydenius, musician Hanna-Kaisa Heikkinen, MP Jaakko Kolmonen, TV chef Anemone Kekäläinen, opera singer Jori Sivonen, pop composer Rauno Kettunen, former MP Timi Lexikon, rap / hip-hop artist (Muuruvesi) Joonas Hämäläinen, Finlands 1st MasterChef
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.06.2015" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Inkinen, Marita Tiihonen, Sanna. "Juankoski päätti liittyä Kuopioon". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
Media related to Juankoski at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Juankoski – Official website
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|