Judged by Your Work Party
Judged By Your Work Party (Asa Vita no Ifampitsarana,Akaiky ny Vahoaka Indrindra, AVI) is a political party in Madagascar.
The AVI backed Marc Ravalomanana, the opposition candidate in the disputed December 2001 presidential election, and after Ravalomanana became President, the AVI joined the government. Julien Reboza of the AVI became Minister of Spatial Planning in the first government named under Ravalomanana on March 1, 2002. On January 16, 2003, Reboza was replaced as the AVI's representative in the government by two new ministers, Roger Mahazoasy (Minister of Tourism) and Jean-Jacques Rabenirina (Minister of Labor and Social Legislation), and in the government named on January 5, 2004, Rabenirina was the only minister from the AVI, as Minister of Culture and Tourism.
AVI leader Norbert Ratsirahonana decided to stand as a candidate in the December 2006 Madagascar presidential election, which brought an end to his party's alliance with Ravalomanana. Rabenirina was dismissed from the government on October 4, 2006. Ratsirahonana won 4.22% of the vote in the presidential election. The AVI chose to boycott the April 2007 constitutional referendum. On October 26, 2007, it announced that it was boycotting the local elections planned for late 2007. Following the 23 September 2007 parliamentary election it was not represented in National Assembly.
- "Gouvernement; Le ministre Jean Jacques Rabenirina limogé", L'Express de Madagascar, October 5, 2006 (in French).
- "Le gouvernement de Marc Ravalomanana, formé le 1er mars 2002", Afrique Express, number 246, March 14, 2002 (in French).
- "Le gouvernement de Madagascar, formé le 16 janvier 2003" Archived 2007-11-12 at the Wayback Machine., Afrique Express, number 263, January 29, 2003 (in French).
- "Le gouvernement de Madagascar, formé le 5 janvier 2004" Archived 2007-11-12 at the Wayback Machine., Afrique Express, number 285, January 6, 2004 (in French).
- 2006 presidential election results Archived 2012-07-06 at WebCite from the High Constitutional Court (in French).
- Iloniaina Alain, "Référendum constitutionnel; L'Avi choisit le boycott", L'Express de Madagascar, March 23, 2007 (in French).
- Iloniaina Alain, "Communales; L'Avi choisit le boycott", L'Express de Madagascar, October 27, 2007 (in French).
- Results according to the Haute Cour Constitutionelle.
|This article about an African political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Madagascar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|