Judith G. Voet
|Judith G. Voet|
March 10, 1941 |
New York City, New York
|Alma mater||Antioch College|
|Known for||Textbook author|
Judith Greenwald Voet (born March 10, 1941) is a James Hammons Professor, Emerita in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Swarthmore College. Her research interests include enzyme reaction mechanisms and enzyme inhibition. She and her husband, Donald Voet, are authors of biochemistry text books that are widely used in undergraduate and graduate curricula.
Voet participated in postdoctoral research at the University of Pennsylvania, Haverford College, and the Fox Chase Cancer Center before securing her faculty position at Swarthmore in 1979. Voet and her husband are coeditors-in-chief of the journal Biochemical and Molecular Biology Education.
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W., Fundamentals of Biochemistry, Life at the molecular level (4th ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2013)
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W., Fundamentals of Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2008)
- Uzman, A.; Eichberg, J.; Widger, W.; Cornely, K.; Voet, D.; Voet,J.G.; and Pratt, C.W.; Student Companion to Accompany Fundamentals of Biochemistry (2nd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2006)
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W.; Fundamentals of Biochemistry (2nd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2006)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J. G., Solutions Manual to Accompany Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2004)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J. G., Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2004)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J. G., Biochemistry (4th ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2010)
- Press, Jaques Cattell (1982). "American men and women of science: The physical and biological sciences".
- "Project Kaleidoscope: Judith G. Voet". Project Kaleidoscope. 8 May 2000. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- Buehler, Lukas K. (January 2, 2000). "Reviews of books by Donald Voet, Judith Voet". Lukas K. Buehler. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- Wood, E.J. (1 October 1999). "Book review: Biochemistry in a nutshell - Fundamentals of Biochemistry by Donald Voet, Judith G. Voet and Charlotte W. Pratt". Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 24 (10): 409–410. doi:10.1016/S0968-0004(99)01447-4. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- "Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education (BAMBED), a Journal for University, College, and High School Educators by Judith G. Voet1 and Donald H. Voet2, BAMBED Co-Editors-in-Chief" (PDF). Protein Databank Newsletter. RCSB PDB (38): 5. Summer 2008.
- "Penn Chemistry: Faculty Donald Voet". The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania. 2005. Retrieved 18 January 2010.