Judith Ungemach (née Zeidler, born May 11, 1968) is a German world champion rower and Olympic gold and bronze medalist.
Early life and education
Zeidler was born in Beeskow, Brandenburg. She started rowing at the age of thirteen at the East German best rowing club Dynamo Berlin (later Sport Club Berlin).
After three World Junior titles, Zeidler won gold in the women’s eight at the 1988 Summer Olympics.
A year later she won the world titles in Bled (Slovenia) in the coxless pair. At the 1992 Summer Olympics she won bronze in the women’s eight with the unified German eight.
Zeidler lives with her husband, Matthias Ungemach, and two sons and one daughter on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Junior world championships
- 1984: Jönköping (SWE) – 1st place (quadruple scull)
- 1986: Roudnice (CZE) – 1st place (quadruple scull)
- 1989: Bled (SLO) – 1st place (coxless pair)
- 1990: Lake Barrington (AUS) – 3rd place (coxless four)
- 1991: Vienna (AUT) – 3rd place (coxless four)
- 1988: Seoul (KOR) – 1st place (eight)
- 1992: Barcelona (SPA) – 3rd place (eight)