|Born||Syeda Mehr Bano Kazim
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|Occupation||Model, Film actress, TV actress, TV anchor|
Ahmed Tajaqik (divorced.2004)Feiasal H Naqavi (2013)
|Manager||Newton Landry Management (Canada)|
Syeda Mehr Bano Kazim (Urdu: سیدہ مہر بانو کاظم), known by the stage name Juggun "Jay" Kazim (Urdu: جگن کاظم), is a Pakistani-Canadian actress, model, and television host. She has worked in numerous Pakistani and Canadian films. She was nominated for MTV Model of the Year in 2008. She is the brand ambassador for Garnier Fructis Pakistan.
Her parents separated when she was a year old. Her father, Syed Abbas Kazim, let her work as a child model because "he looked upon it as something cute", she says, even though her family considered acting—her ambition from an early age—to be too lowly a field for a girl of her station. Her father was conservative in his ideas about women, and her mother, Ghazala Saigol, was more modern.
In December 2004, Kazim returned from Canada to Pakistan, when she eloped with Ahmed Tajik, she met him while attending a friend's wedding. After just over a year of marriage, during which Ahmed beat her, she left him, taking their two-month-old son with her. The father is not involved in her son's upbringing; she says this was a mutual decision, influenced by her experiences as the child of divorced parents. She married Feisal H Naqvi on 27 June 2013.
Kazim has been involved in media work since she was four years old. In 1985–86 she did advertisements for Samsonite and other products.
She appeared in her first commercial play when she was fourteen, directed by her best friend Mashal Peerzada. Her professional career, where she started using the name "Juggan Kazim", began in Toronto, when Sutherland Models approached her to work as a model. Kazim made her feature film debut in the lead role of "Gugan" in the Gaurav Seth's film Pink Ludoos opposite Shaheen Khan (Bend It Like Beckham). Since then, she appeared in an episode of David Wellington's The Eleventh Hour, directed by T.W. Peacock. Kazim hosted her own television show at age 16 until she left Pakistan to pursue her passion for acting in North America. She has also appeared in numerous stage productions in her home town as well as in Toronto. Most recently she played the lead and title role in "Tara" produced by Rasik Arts under the direction of Sally Jones. She mainly does print modeling; her 5-foot-4-inch (1.63 m) stature makes her think that "I'd look rather stupid walking the ramp." After two music videos with Sutherland, she was approached by Newton Landry Management, who remain her Canadian agents.
After returning to Pakistan, she started hosting television with the show Beanbag, which she also conceived and wrote. Since then, she has hosted a number of shows for various Pakistani networks. In March 2010, Kazim was named as L'Oréal's "Brand Ambassador" for their Garnier brand of hair and skin-care products in Pakistan. In 2010, Juggan won Best Supporting Actress Award for Meri Unsuni Kahani on Pakistan Media Award.
In March 2011, Kazim acted opposite Shaan Shahid in Altaf Hussain's Lollywood film Khamosh Raho. As of 6 March 2011[update], Hussain planned to release the film in Pakistan on 10 June 2011. She is also starring opposite Mohib Mirza, Sanam Baloch and Sunita Marshall in Mirza's upcoming film Silent Cinema. She is currently the host of the show "Morning with Juggun" which airs on PTV Home every weekday.
- Sher Dil
- Aik Pal
- Saiqa - Hum TV
- Meri Un Suni Kahaani
- Kagaz Ki Nao
- Naa Jane Kyun
- Patli Gali (2010)
- Yeh Subh Tumhari Hai
- Rangeel Pur (PTV Home)
- Omar Dadi aur Gharwalay
- Pani Jaisa Piyar
- " Mishaal (PTV Home)"
- "Nazeef ki Kahani "
- "Ahmed ki kahani "
- Kaash Aisa Ho (ARY Digital)
- Janam Jali
- zindagi tum ho
- Beanbag (Business Plus)
- CEO (Business Plus)
- Aaj Entertainment Tonight (Aaj TV)
- Fashion Stop (Ary Digital)
- Sunday Brunch (Aaj TV)
- Morning with Hum Weekend Edition (Hum TV)
- Aik Din Juggun Kay Saath (Vibe TV)
- Honestly Speaking with Juggun Kazim (PTV)
- The Final Verdict with Juggun Kazim (Filmax)
- VIPs only (Aag TV)
- Mast Mornings (Dawn News)
- Yeh Subh Tumhari Hai (Express News)
- Safdar, Hina (2010-05-10). "Being Juggan Kazim". Rewaj. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "L'ORÉAL PAKISTAN (PRIVATE) LIMITED reveals Juggin Kazim as Garnier Brand Ambassador in Pakistan". Fashion Central. Pakistan: E2ESP. 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Rendezvous: Juggun Kazim". The Saturday Post. Ashburn, VA: NUQTA. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- heena. "An Interview with Juggan Kazim". 2 Polished. Retrieved 2011-03-20.[unreliable source?]
- "Interview: Juggan Kazim | People | Newsline". Newslinemagazine.com. 2010-06-27. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Usman, Ali (2011-03-05). "Lollywood: From the set of Khamosh Rado". The Express Tribune (Karachi, Pakistan: Lakson Group). Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Mohib Mirza wants to revive Pakistani films with 'Silent Cinema. Juggun now hosts 'Morning with Juggun', PTV Home's morning show, Mon-Friday, 9-11am.". Pakium. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Mast Morning With Juggan Kazim Started On Dawn TV". Awamiweb.com. Retrieved 2012-08-19.