Jugnu (1947 film)
|Directed by||Shaukat Hussain Rizvi|
|Produced by||Shaukat Hussain Rizvi|
|Written by||A. S. Usmani|
|Screenplay by||Khadim Mohyuddin|
|Story by||A. S. Usmani|
|Music by||Feroz Nizami|
|Edited by||Mohsin T. Bangriwala|
Shaukat Art Productions
|Distributed by||Shaukat Art Productions|
|May 23, 1947|
|Box office||₹50 lakh[a]|
Jugnu (lit. 'Firefly') is a 1947 Indian musical romance film directed by Shaukat Hussain Rizvi. The film stars Dilip Kumar, Noor Jehan, Ghulam Mohammad, Jillo, Latika, Shashikala and now famous playback singer Mohammed Rafi in a cameo appearance.
|1.||"Yahaan Badala Wafa Ka Bewafai Ke Siwa Kya Hai"||Noor Jehan, Mohammed Rafi||04:47|
|2.||"Woh Apani Yaad Dilaane Ko"||Mohammed Rafi||03:14|
|3.||"Aaj Ki Raat Saaz-E-Dil-E-Purdard Na Chheirr"||Noor Jehan||04:43|
|4.||"Hamein To Sham-E-Gham Mein Katni Hai Zindagi Apni"||Noor Jehan||04:04|
|5.||"Umangein Dil Ki Machleen Muskarai Zindagi Apni"||Noor Jehan||03:49|
|6.||"Desh Ki Purkaif Rangi Si Fizaon Mein Kahi"||Roshan Ara Begum||04:48|
|7.||"Tum Bhi Bhula Do Mein Bhi Bhula Dun"||Noor Jehan||03:47|
|8.||"Laut Jawaani Phir Nahin Aani"||Shamshad Begum||05:55|
Jugnu (1947 film) grossed ₹50 lakh (US$5 million) in India, making it the highest-grossing Indian film of 1947. When adjusted for inflation, its gross in 2016 value is equivalent to ₹363 crore (US$57 million).[a] This is the highest for any Indian film at the time, until it was surpassed by Andaz, which also stars Kumar in lead role along with Nargis and Raj Kapoor.
- Soundtracks and cast of Jugnu (1947 film) on Cineplot.com website Published 12 March 2016, Retrieved 9 July 2020
- Firoze Rangoonwalla, Indian Filmography, publisher: J. Udeshi, Bombay, August 1970, pp. 224.
- "Top Earner Films of 1947". BoxOfficeIndia.com website. 6 February 2009. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha and Paul Willemen, Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema, British Film Institute, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2002, pp. 132.
- Film Jugnu (1947 film) on Complete Index To World Film (CITWF) website Retrieved 9 July 2020
- "Journey of Indian rupee since independence". The Times of India (newspaper). 16 August 2013. Archived from the original on 16 August 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 67.175856 INR per USD in 2016