|1964 Le Brassus||Relay|
Juhani Salmenkylä (born March 8, 1932 in Helsinki) is a Finnish retired orienteering competitor and European champion, basketball player, coach, referee and contributor. In orienteering he won a gold medal with the Finnish relay team at the 1964 European Orienteering Championships in Le Brassus.
Salmenkylä impacted Finnish basketball with large radius. As a player he won seven national championships. As a referee he participated in many tournaments abroad, including the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. He was also a top tier coach in Finland, and served as the head of Finnish Basketball Association in 1969–1972.
- European Orienteering Championship senior, statistics 1962-1964, 2000- (Retrieved on June 4, 2008)
- World Orienteering Championship, senior statistics 1966-2006 (Retrieved on June 4, 2008)
- "Juhani Salmenkylä. Who is Who". WMOC 2008 Portugal. Retrieved 14 January 2009.
- "Juhani Salmenkylä". Finnish Basketball Hall of Fame. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Juhani Salmenkylä". baskethotel.com. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Airas, Finneman, Pounds ja Salmenkylä Suomi-koriksen Hall of Fameen". Finnish Basketball Association. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
|This biographical article about a Finnish orienteer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|