Babbar in 2009
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Actress, television actress, Theatre actress, theatre director|
|Spouse(s)||Bejoy Nambiar (2007–2009)
Anup Soni (2011–present)
|Relatives||See Babbar family|
Juhi Babbar (born 20 July) is an Indian film and television actress. She is also contributing to theatres both as actor and director.
Juhi made her film debut in Kash Aap Hamare Hote opposite Sonu Nigam. In 2005, she did a Punjabi film with Jimmy Shergill, Yaara Naal Baharan. The film did well in Punjab and with the overseas Punjabi audience. Juhi then did a silent film with Malayalam actor Mohanlal. In 2006, she was seen in the film Uns with actor Sanjay Kapoor and Rituparna Sengupta. She will appear in the upcoming film It's My Life as Sonia Jaisingh opposite actors Harman Baweja, Genelia D'Souza and Nana Patekar. In 2009, Juhi played the role of a house wife in the TV comedy Ghar Ki Baat Hai produced by Shah Rukh Khan.
|2003||Kash Aap Hamare Hote||Hindi||Amrita|
|2005||Yaaran Naal Baharan||Punjabi||Harmaan Kaur|
|2005||Reflections||Silent film written, produced and directed by Bejoy Nambiar|
|2006||Unns: Love... Forever||Hindi||Advocate Natasha Patel|
|2013||It's My Life||Hindi||Sonia Jaisingh|
|2018||Aiyaary||Hindi||as wife of colonel Abhay Singh|
|2009||Ghar Ki Baat Hai||Hindi||Radhika Yagnik||NDTV Imagine|
|2012||Begum Jaan||Granddaughter||Prithvi Theatre|||
|2012||Pencil Se Brush Tak||MF Hussain's wife|||
|2007||Pukar||Play created for CRY (Child Rights and You) that is based on child labour|||
|2010||Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Rashtriya Puraskar||Under-35||Contribution towards Indian arts and theatre|||
Juhi is daughter of actor Raj Babbar and theatre personality Nadira Babbar. She has one full brother, Arya Babbar, who is also an actor, and one half-brother, the actor Prateik Babbar, who is the son of Raj Babbar by his second wife Smita Patil. Through her mother Nadira Babbar (born Nadira Zaheer), Juhi is the granddaughter of the communist activist Sajjad Zaheer and first cousin of Pankhuri Zaheer, an activist working at JNU as a close associate of Kanhaiya Kumar, who was arrested and charged with sedition in February 2016.
Juhi's first husband was Bejoy Nambiar, a screenplay writer, whom she married on 27 June 2007, after a two-year courtship. The couple divorced in January 2009. She then fell in love with the TV actor Anup Soni, whom she met while both of them were working in a play produced by Juhi's mother Nadira Babbar. Soni was at that time married to Ritu and was the father of two daughters by her. On 14 March 2011, after his divorce was finalized, Juhi and Anup Soni were married in a quiet ceremony attended by family and close friends only. Juhi and Soni now have a son, born in 2012.
- "Juhi birthday". Indya.com. 20 July 2009. Archived from the original on 11 January 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- Movies don't offer solutions to social problems: Raj Babbar Archived 27 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Uns on NowRunning". Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Nikhat Kazmi (18 November 2006). "Uns movie". Uns. Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Purva Desai (Nov 8, 2012). "Juhi in Begum Jaan at Prithvi theatre". Shashank Vyasâ€™ new found love!. Times Of India. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Manoj Badgeri (Nov 3, 2012). "Juhi in Begum Jaan classics". Hindi, English classics to enthral drama lovers at Prithvi. Times of India. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Juhi plays MF hussain's wife with Anup". An ode to theatre. Times of India. Nov 15, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Roshni Olivera (Apr 24, 2012). "Anup interview on reality show". Juhi Babbar is a fantastic co-actor: Anup Soni. Times of India. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Raul Dias (7 October 2007). "Juhi directs Pukar". Juhi turns director for a play. Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Shilpa Bansal (8 September 2010). "Juhi won Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Rashtriya Puraskar". Theatre gives me a high: Juhi. Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Sonal Chawla (22 January 2009). "Bejoy and Juhi are now formally divorced". Bejoy and Juhi are now formally divorced. Mid Day. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Nimisha Tiwari (23 July 2008). "Is Juhi's marriage in trouble?". Is Juhi's marriage in trouble?. Times of India. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Chawla, Sonal (22 January 2009). "Juhi Babbar is formally divorced". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "What lead to Anup Soni – Ritu split?". 16 March 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2013.