Juice (TV channel)
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Closed||May 15, 2015|
|Slogan||Discover. New. Music|
|SKY Network Television||Channel 112|
|Vodafone InHomeTV||Channel 112|
Juice, previously Juice TV, was a 24-hour music television channel operating from the Auckland suburb of Parnell in New Zealand. The channel closed on 15 May 2015 and relaunched as a 30-minute-long programme on Garage.
Juice originally launched as Juice TV on the Sky Orange channel which aired on Sky's UHF pay TV service. In 1997, the channel began broadcasting 24 hours a day. In 1998 Juice TV began broadcasting exclusively on Sky Digital.
Hosts have included Clare and Andy P (7–9pm weekdays), Virg le Brun (4–7pm weekdays), Haimona Ngata (12–2pm weekdays), Geoffrey Bell (7pm weekdays), Justin Brown, Glenn Paul, Bruce Earwaker, Amber, and Dayna Vawdrey. The station used an automated Omneon Spectrum media server playout system to operate 24 hours a day and was funded by advertising paying no access fees for carriage on SKY's platform. Juice TV was the only station to broadcast in the 16:9 aspect ratio in New Zealand until January 2011. From 2001 to 2011, Juice TV held an annual music video awards ceremony, the Juice TV Awards. In 2011, Juice TV ceased broadcasting on the analogue platform. In November 2014, Juice TV rebranded to Juice with a new logo. On 15 May 2015 Juice was replaced by Garage TV, an action and adventure chancel. Juice has a half-hour-long programme on the channel.
- NZOWN: A weekly music review show featuring the latest happenings in New Zealand's music scene.
- Discover.New.Music: A music video show featuring up and coming new artists and music videos.
- The Line Up: The hottest music video chart in NZ; as chosen by viewers.
- The Squeeze: A weekly video game review show.
- The Metal Bar: Heavy-Metal based music show music videos, news and gossip hosted by Riccardo.
- ZM on Juice: Local radio show ZM features on Juice.
- Transmission: Alternative music show.
- Philpott, Emma "Motivating The Video Makers", NZ Musician (Vol: 10, No: 8), Auckland, April/May 2003