|22nd Mayor of Quebec City|
1 March 1890 – 2 April 1894
|Preceded by||François Langelier|
|Succeeded by||Simon-Napoléon Parent|
|Member of Parliament
for Quebec County
April 1891 – June 1896
|Preceded by||Adolphe-Philippe Caron|
|Succeeded by||Charles Fitzpatrick|
|Born||20 December 1855
|Died||28 March 1902
|Profession||author, lawyer, professor|
Jules-Joseph-Taschereau Frémont (20 December 1855 – 28 March 1902) was a Canadian politician, author, lawyer and professor. He was a Liberal member of the Canadian House of Commons and a mayor of Quebec City.
Frémont was born in Quebec City, Quebec, the son of doctor Charles-Jacques Frémont and Marie-Cécile Panet. He was educated at the Collège Sainte-Marie, at St. Francis Xavier's College in New York City and the Université Laval and was called to the Quebec bar in 1878. He later became a professor of civil law at the Université Laval.
He was elected to Parliament at the Quebec County riding in the 1891 general election. After serving his term in the 7th Parliament, Frémont was defeated in the 1896 federal election by Charles Fitzpatrick, also of the Liberal party.
Frémont died at Quebec City at the age of 46 after a long illness.
- Le divorce et la séparation de corps
- Compendium of the Dominion Laws of Canada
- Les avocats de la région de Québec (1936) Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Roy, PG (French)
- La famille Frémont (1902) Roy, PG (French)
- The Canadian parliamentary companion, 1891, AJ Gemmill
- Ville de Québec - Toponymie: Frank-Carrel, rue Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine.
- Vachon, Claude (1972). "Joseph-Octave Beaubien". Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- Gilman, D. C.; Thurston, H. T.; Colby, F. M., eds. (1905). "Frémont, Jules Joseph Taschereau". New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead. Publications.
|This article about a Quebec Member of Parliament from the Liberal Party of Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|