This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2015)
Jules Jordan, Las Vegas, Nevada January 2014
May 25, 1972|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Jordan is originally from Hershey, Pennsylvania, and began his career in 1996 when he moved to Philadelphia and started shooting amateur sex scenes with girls whom he recruited while doing shifts as a clerk at an adult retail store called Excitement Video.
Jordan signed a DVD distribution deal with John Stagliano's Evil Angel studio in 2001, becoming the top-selling director in the Evil Angel stable in his first year on the roster. In early 2006 his company Jules Jordan Video began handling its own distribution.
An only child, Jordan was born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and raised by his mother in Hershey, living in various small apartments. He never met his father. As a teen, Jordan took jobs at an amusement park, a skateboard shop, an Italian restaurant, a pizza joint and Subway. He excelled at wrestling, holding down a first-string varsity position all four years at Hershey High.
Jordan said one of his first experiences with pornography was with his grandfather's film machine that played 8mm loops. He said running the machine was too complicated, but that he would try to look at the explicit filmstrips.
Jordan tried one semester of college before deciding he wanted to work full-time, landing a job at Excitement Video near Hershey, a store he had already frequented as a customer. He said Evil Angel was his favorite porn studio at the time.
One of Jordan's first big breaks was when he met Frank Kay, the owner of the Hightstown, New Jersey-based International Video Distributors (IVD), the largest wholesale distributor of adult product in the world and also the parent company of Pleasure Productions, among other leading studios. Kay first hired Jordan for sales, and then he gave him a chance to shoot movies under his established Pleasure and Rosebud labels.
In 1998, Jordan directed the first full-length movie of his career for Pleasure Productions, releasing Live Bait. One of the women he shot, Chastity, helped propel the tape to national notoriety because she was a pro wrestling valet for World Championship Wrestling (WCW). His second movie was New Breed, which featured Devon, who went on to become a contract star for Vivid and Digital Playground. Jordan sold several individual scenes prior to releasing Live Bait, selling early scenes to Odyssey Group and Elegant Angel. He produced more than 50 videos for Pleasure and Rosebud during a two-year span.
In 1999, with only three full-length video credits so far, Jordan moved to Los Angeles, where at first he lived in the Econo Lodge motel for two months at Melrose Avenue and Vine Street. Since potential jobs with Vivid and Elegant Angel did not materialize, he started working for IVD again out of his apartment in Woodland Hills with just a fax machine. He had no furniture.
Jordan helped re-invigorate IVD's Rosebud line in 1999-2000, producing, directing and selling titles such as Bottom Feeders (1-4), Deep Cheeks (6-7), Anal Sluts & Sweethearts (4-5) and Heavy Metal (1-2). Jordan won the first AVN Award of his career in 2002 for Heavy Metal, which was honored as the Best Anal-Themed Release. The movie starred Adriana Sage, Taylor St. Claire and Lexington Steele, who performed in all six scenes.
He established himself early on with Evil Angel, releasing the initial volumes of signature titles such as Ass Worship, Flesh Hunter and Feeding Frenzy, all three of which would go on to become AVN award-winning series. When Jordan left Evil Angel in 2006 he was their top-selling director. Jordan said, "I wanted to control my own destiny, with where my product was headed."
Now he employs more than 20 full-time people and his roster of producers consists of Mike John Productions, Erik Everhard Entertainment, Chris Streams Productions, Vince Vouyer Unleashed, and JennaRationX Studios.
Jordan launched a spinoff, all-anal sex label called Ass Factory in May 2010.
- 2001 XRCO Award – Best Director
- 2002 XRCO Award – Best Threeway Sex Scene (Trained Teens) with Aurora Snow & Gauge
- 2003 XRCO Award – Director of the Year
- 2006 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Director
- 2006 XRCO Award – Best Director (Non-Features)
- 2007 AVN Award - Best New Video Production Company for Jules Jordan Video
- 2007 AVN Award - Best Oral-Themed Release (Feeding Frenzy 8)
- 2007 AVN Award - Best Specialty Release - Big Bust (Breast Worship - Jules Jordan Video)
- 2007 XBIZ Award - Up-and-Coming Studio of the Year
- 2008 XRCO Award – Best Director (Non-Features)
- 2008 AVN Award – Director of the Year (Body of Work)
- 2008 Night Moves Adult Entertainment Award – Best Director, Editors' Choice
- 2008 AVN Award – Best Interracial Release (Black Owned 2)
- 2008 AVN Award – Best Oral-Themed Series (Feeding Frenzy)
- 2008 XBIZ Award - Gonzo Director of the Year
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Director, Ethnic Video (Lex the Impaler 3)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Anal-Themed Release (Jules Jordan's Weapons of Ass Destruction 6)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Big Bust Release (Big Tits at School)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Ethnic-Themed Release - Black (Black Ass Addiction 2)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Ethnic-Themed Series - Black (Black Ass Addiction)
- 2009 AVN Award - Best Internal Release (All Internal 7)
- 2009 AVN Award - Best POV Series (Double Vision)
- 2009 AVN Award - Best Young Girl Release (Jailbait 5)
- 2009 XRCO Hall Of Fame inductee (Film Creators)
- 2010 AVN Award – Best Director, Ethnic Video (Lex the Impaler 4)
- 2010 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Director
- 2010 XBIZ Award - Studio of the Year
- 2011 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2011 AVN Award – Best Director, Ethnic Video (Lex the Impaler 5)
- 2011 XBIZ Award - Ethnic Release of the Year (Black Ass Master 4)
- 2012 XBIZ Award - Gonzo/All-Sex Studio of the Year
- 2013 XBIZ Award - Gonzo Series of the Year (Ultimate Fuck Toy)
- 2014 XBIZ Award - Gonzo Series of the Year (Ultimate Fuck Toy)
- 2014 XBIZ Award - All-Black Release of the Year (Black Heat)
- 2015 XBIZ Award - Latin-Themed Release of the Year (Latinas on Fire 2)
- Dan Miller (May 24, 2010). "American Dreamer: The rapid rise of Jules Jordan from East Coast fan to the top of the adult industry". AVN. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- John Sanford (March 6, 2013). "Kink.com Signs DVD Distribution Deal With Jules Jordan Video". XBIZ. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- John Sanford (January 21, 2015). "Jesse Jane Signs Exclusive Contract With Jules Jordan Video". XBIZ. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- "BEST OF 1993-2002". Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "XRCO". XRCO.com. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "2003 XRCO Results". XRCO. Archived from the original on May 28, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-06.
- Peter Warren (2006-06-24). "About the 2006 FAME Awards". AVN. Archived from the original on 2006-06-24. Retrieved 2007-06-24.
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "XBIZ Award Winners". Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Rutter, Jared (2008-01-12). "2008 AVN Awards Winners Announced". AVN. Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- David Sullivan (2008-10-14). "NightMoves Crowns 16th Annual Award Winners". AVN.com. Archived from the original on October 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. Archived from the original on January 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "THE 2009 AVN AWARDS WINNERS". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-03-05. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "2009 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2009-02-26.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "The F.A.M.E. Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN.com. 2010-07-10. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards" (PDF). AVN.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "XBIZ Award Winners 2013". Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "XBIZ Award Winners 2014". Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, January, 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jules Jordan.|