Johannes Jules Wolfson, better known as Jules Wolfson or as part of the production team Jon & Jules, is a Danish producer, songwriter and record executive.
For his work as a producer and songwriter, Jules Wolfson has been awarded gold and platinum record certifications more than 150 times and his releases have resulted in 7 Danish Music Awards (equivalent of The Grammy), 5 Danish DeeJay Awards, and numerous nominations.
Jules Wolfson is one of the most played musicians on Danish radio for several years in a row.
Jules Wolfson signed, developed and produced Nik & Jay, the best-selling Danish-language music group ever, with sales of over one million albums and recipient of numerous awards and nominations at, among others, the Danish Music Awards.
Jules Wolfson signed, developed and produced Joey Moe, which among other things resulted in the biggest Danish club hit of all time, "Yo-Yo".
In 2011, together with Nik & Jay, Jules Wolfson received the IFPI's Danish Music Awards Prize of Honor.
Jules Wolfson signed, developed and produced Cisilia, who at the Danish Music Awards 2015 became the youngest winner ever (at the age of 16), when she won in the categories Danish Hit of the Year and New Artist of the Year.
On 15 November 2015, Jules Wolfson received awards from the songwriting and composer association Danske Populær Autorer (DPA) for, among other things, writing and producing "Hit of the Year".
Jules Wolfson has written songs and produced music with international artists such as J. Holiday, Massari, Usher, Ne-Yo, R. City, Emilia, and Timbaland, which has resulted in positions on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Jules Wolfson has also signed, developed and produced the platinum-selling artists Alex, Ankerstjerne, and Sisse Marie. His work with Sisse Marie was distinguished by reaching number 1 on the Danish sales chart and by being the 8th most watched music video in the world on YouTube on the day of release.
Jules Wolfson has also written and produced platinum awarded songs with artists such as Burhan G, Clemens, Christian Brøns, Blå Øjne and Morten Breum.
- ^ a b "Certificeringer | IFPI". ifpi.dk.
- ^ Schou, Lasse. "Vindere af DMA 2003". SOUNDVENUE.COM.
- ^ Thorsen, Kim (6 November 2011). "Danish Music Awards: Fem statuetter til Obel". jv.dk.
- ^ "Marie Key blev den store vinder ved DMA 2013". omtv2.tv2.dk.
- ^ "Nik & Jay - Vigtigste viden om den danske popduo der hitter i Danmark".
- ^ "Danish Music Awards: Og vinderne er…". gaffa.dk.
- ^ "Grammy | lex.dk". Den Store Danske.
- ^ "HALL OF FAME | Danish DeeJay Awards 2018". www.ddja.dk.
- ^ Top 10 - mest spillede danske kunstner i 2014
- ^ "Her er Danmarks mest spillede musiker i radio og tv - TV 2". underholdning.tv2.dk. 16 June 2016.
- ^ Populær og kommerciel musik som erhverv i Danmark [Popular and commercial music as a profession in Denmark] (PDF) (in Danish), Danske Populær Autorer, April 2017
- ^ Balslev, Nanna (5 December 2019). "Nik og Jay anno 2020: "Den der "you only live once"-mentalitet, hvor man kun dyrker sig selv, den tror jeg ikke, der kommer noget godt ud af"". Berlingske.dk.
- ^ "Joey Moe udgiver "Fuldmåne 2.0"". gaffa.dk.
- ^ "Joey Moe på Buddy Holly". www.nordjyske.dk. 26 March 2014.
- ^ Archived at Ghostarchive and the Wayback Machine: Nik & Jay modtog IFPI's Ærespris 2011. YouTube.
- ^ "Cisilia er 16 år. Hun VIL være popstjerne. Og hun har ingen plan B". jyllands-posten.dk. 17 May 2015.
- ^ "Yngste DMA-vinder nogensinde: Nu er Danmark ikke længere nok - TV 2". tv.tv2.dk. 8 November 2015.
- ^ Forbund, Dansk Artist. "Sangskrivere, komponister og producere hædres". www.artisten.dk.
- ^ "J. Holiday – Round 2 (2009, CD)" – via www.discogs.com.
- ^ "Done Da Da - Massari | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- ^ "Cisilia udgiver debutalbum". gaffa.dk.
- ^ "Round 2 - J. Holiday | Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- ^ "Rock City - My Whip". YouTube. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- ^ "Jon & Jules". Discogs.
- ^ "Facebook". www.facebook.com.
- ^ "J. Holiday". Billboard.
- ^ "Sisse Marie klar med ny single og musikvideo". gaffa.dk.