|Full name||Julián Fernández|
|Date of birth||18 June 1989|
|Place of birth||El Arañado, Córdoba Province,
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|El Puig C.E.|
|2009–2011||→ Argentinos Jrs. (loan)||5||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Deportes La Serena (loan)||21||(2)|
|2014–2015||Talleres de Córdoba||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 April 2015.
Product of Atlético Rafaela youth ranks, in 2008, Fernández was promoted to the first-adult team. His well performances at Rafaela allowed him be considered in Argentina U-20's 23-man squad for 2009 South American Youth Championship. After his participation for their youth national team, in July, he joined Argentinos Juniors where the defender won the Torneo Clausura 2010 title, which was his first professional honour. However after fail to play at La Paternal-based team, he returned to Rafaela in mid-2011.
On 21 January 2012, Fernández moved Chilean club Deportes La Serena. He debuted against Rangers in a 2–0 away loss at Talca and his first goal came on 11 February in a 1–1 away draw too with Huachipato, which was his first goal in his third game in the tournament, having an impressive season start. On 29 July, Fernández again scored in the tournament, reaching his second goal in a 2–1 home loss with O'Higgins. However after his impressive start at La Portada, the team was gradually deterioring their game to such an extent of relegate to the second-tier, so that he was released.
On 11 January 2009, Fernández was named by the coach Sergio Batista into the 23-man squad of Argentina U-20 for 2009 South American Youth Championship, where internationally debuted on 19 January in a 1–1 with Venezuela (host nation of the youth championship) at Maturín, where appeared as a starter. In principle Batista frequently put him in the starting lineup, but lost the post after a success challenge of Federico Fernández during a tournament, where Argentina failed to qualify to the FIFA U-20 World Cup held in Ghana.
- Argentinos Juniors
- "Argentina anunció nómina para Sudamericano Sub-20 de Venezuela". Emol.com. 11 January 2009. (Spanish)
- "Trasandino Julián Fernández es el último refuerzo de La Serena". Latercera.cl. 21 January 2012. (Spanish)
- "Huachipato le empató sobre el final a Deportes La Serena". Cdf.cl. 11 February 2012. (Spanish)
- "O'Higgins se reencontró con el triunfo tras derrotar a La Serena". Anfp.cl. 29 July 2012. (Spanish)
- "Julián Fernández hace historia". La Opinión de Rafaela. 19 January 2009. (Spanish)
- "Sub 20: Argentina queda eliminada y no podrá defender el título en el Mundial". Emol. 8 February 2009. (Spanish)