|Born||Julia Aide Shumate Avila|
May 11, 1988
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Raging Panda|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||67 in (170 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Team||All Powers Fitness and Fighting|
Junkyard Dogs Fight Team
Oklahoma martial arts academy
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Julia Aide Shumate Avila (born May 11, 1988) is an American mixed martial artist currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Previously she has competed in Invicta FC, HD MMA, XKO MMA, Total Warrior Combat and King of the Cage (KOTC).
Mixed martial arts career
Ultimate Fighting Championship
On March 22, 2019 Avila was signed to the UFC's women's bantamweight division. Avila was originally scheduled to face Melissa Gatto on July 6, 2019 at UFC 239. Gatto was dropped from the card due to undisclosed reasons and was replaced by Pannie Kianzad. Avila won the fight via unanimous decision.
Avila was expected to face Karol Rosa on October 26, 2019 at UFC Fight Night 172. The fight was later cancelled due to a knee injury from Rosa. The match was rescheduled to April 11, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 173. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event was eventually postponed. The pair was rescheduled to meet on May 2, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 174. However, on April 9, Dana White, the president of UFC announced that the event too was postponed to June 13, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 177.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|8 matches||7 wins||1 loss|
|Win||7–1||Pannie Kianzad||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 239||July 6, 2019||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||6–1||Alexa Conners||TKO (front kick & punches)||Invicta FC 32: Spencer vs. Sorenson||November 16, 2018||2||4:43||Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||5–1||Ashley Deen||KO (punches)||HD MMA 13||August 25, 2018||2||2:08||Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||4–1||Marciea Allen||TKO (hand injury)||Invicta FC 29: Kaufman vs. Lehner||May 4, 2018||1||0:49||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||4–0||Candace Maricle||Submission (armbar)||HD MMA 9||July 22, 2017||1||1:18||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States||Defended the HD MMA Women's Bantamweight Title.|
|Win||3–0||Nicco Montaño||Decision (unanimous)||HD MMA 7||January 1, 2017||5||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States||Won the HD MMA Women's Bantamweight Title.|
|Win||2–0||Carolyn Biskup-Roe||KO||XKO 32||August 27, 2016||1||1:28||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–0||Marion Reneau||Decision (unanimous)||TWC 13: Impact||January 27, 2012||3||5:00||Porterville, California, United States|
- "Julia Avila | UFC". www.ufc.com.
- "Julia Avila – Invicta Fighting Championships".
- Mixed martial arts show results Date: July 6th, 2019
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (July 7, 2019). "Geologist Julia Avila explains proper steps for earthquake safety after UFC 239 win". MMA Fighting.
- "Julia Avila ("Raging Panda") | MMA Fighter Page". Tapology.
- "Julia Avila def. Pannie Kianzad at UFC 239: Best photos". July 6, 2019.
- Redactie (2019-09-24). "Julia Avila vs. Karol Rosa added to UFC Singapore event". mmadan.nl. Retrieved 2019-09-24.(in Dutch)
- Raphael Marinho. "After winning Ultimate debut, Karol Rosa is set to face Julia Avila in April". Globoesporte. Retrieved 2019-12-27.(in Portuguese)
- Nolan King and John Morgan (2020-03-15). "UFC postpones three events amid growing coronavirus outbreak". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- Redactie. "Various battles for upcoming events have been announced". mmdana. Retrieved 2020-04-08.(in Dutch)
- Brett Okamoto (2020-04-09). "Dana White says UFC 249 will not happen April 18". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Report: Karol Rosa vs. Julia Avila Rebooked For June 13 UFC Card | Fightful MMA". www.fightful.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Julia Avila". ESPN.com.