Julia Collins (Jeopardy! contestant)
Julia Collins (born November 10, 1982) is a former champion on the quiz show Jeopardy! who had the show's second-longest winning streak after Ken Jennings's 74-game record. Between April 21 and June 2, 2014, she won $428,100 for her 20 wins and $1,000 for finishing third in her 21st game, won by Brian Loughnane. She surpassed David Madden's formerly second-longest streak by one game, but with winnings of $428,100, she did not top his $430,400.
Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions
In the 2014 Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions she finished second in her quarterfinal game against Joshua Brakhage and 2013 College Champion Jim Coury, but reached the semifinals as a wild card. She then won her semifinal game, advancing to the finals, where she finished third, behind Ben Ingram, an IT consultant from Florence, South Carolina, and second-place finisher Arthur Chu, a compliance analyst, voiceover artist, and blogger from Broadview Heights, Ohio.
A native of Kenilworth, Illinois, Collins graduated from The Madeira School in McLean, Virginia in 2001. She earned a double-major bachelor's degree in art history and history from Wellesley College in 2005, and a master's degree in logistics and supply chain management engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2010.
- "How Jeopardy Champion Julia Collins Will Spend Her Windfall". Kiplinger. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Jeopardy!. Season 30. Episode 6821. April 21, 2014. Syndication.
- Jeopardy!. Season 30. Episode 6851. June 2, 2014. Syndication.
- J! Archive - Show #6945 - Friday, November 21, 2014
- "Finishing in style". The Madeira School. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Julia Collins '05 Wins Eighth Straight Game, Longest Streak for Female Contestant in Show's 30-Year History". Wellesley College. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- London, Jay (May 19, 2014). "Record-Breaking MIT Alumna Questions the Jeopardy! Answers". Slice of MIT. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
| Biggest Jeopardy! winners by season
| Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions second runner-up