Julia Kaganskiy (born May 22, 1986) is a New York-based cultural producer.[clarification needed] She is the director of NEW INC, the New Museum's incubator for art, technology, and design, and is known for starting the art, culture, and technology meetup group ArtsTech in 2008.
Kaganskiy was born in Kiev, Ukraine, where her father was an engineer and her mother worked as a music teacher. She spent her childhood visiting her great-grandmother's family house in a small village outside of Kiev. At the age of six, her family emigrated to Brooklyn, New York, where her parents encountered initial difficulty due to language barriers. After Kaganskiy's parents learned computer programming in the early 1990s, her family established a middle-class household.
In 2008, Kaganskiy started the New York-based arts, culture, and technology meetup group ArtsTech shortly after graduating. She subsequently interned at the Museum of Modern Art's digital learning department in 2009, and started to curate pop-up shows for new media art.
- "Our Mission". www.newinc.org. NEW INC. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Preston, Jennifer (October 21, 2011). "Social Networking Among Young Arts Professionals". New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- "Julia Kaganskiy". MAKERS. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Visiting Kiev". MAKERS. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- AnaSantopinto (2014-09-15). "New Museum's Julia Kaganskiy On Why A New Art-Design-Tech Incubator". PAPERMAG. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "MoMA | Tag: Digital Learning". www.moma.org. Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Perfectionist". MAKERS. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- Thayer, Katheryn. "Art/Tech Incubator Gives The New Museum Entrepreneurial Edge". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-03-12.