Julia Kogan is an American-French classical singer, writer, and presenter living in London.
Kogan’s opera roles have included Queen of the Night in Die Zauberflöte, Zerbinetta in Ariadne auf Naxos, Blonde in Die Entführung, Madame Herz in Der Schauspieldirektor, Greta Fiorentino in Street Scene, and Fiordiligi Cosi fan tutte at the opera houses of Avignon, Indianapolis, Limoges, Manitoba, Toulon, Toulouse and in Oxford. She has been described as “a lively actress”  with “a warm voice, round, elegant and expressive phrasing, and a remarkable knack for coloratura passages”, “up to the challenge of a stratospheric soprano line”.
Kogan has concertized with repertoire ranging from Baroque to contemporary in Europe, North and South America, and Africa, including such venues as Carnegie Hall, Alice Tully Hall at the Lincoln Center, St. Petersburg’s Glinka Hall, the Hôtel de Ville in Paris, the Alcazar Palace in Seville, the Library of Congress in Washington D.C., and collaborated with Chamber Orchestra Kremlin, Ensemble Calliopée, Figueiredo Consort, Junge Philharmonie Wien, Les Passions, The Little Orchestra Society, the Oxford Philharmonic, the Newcastle Baroque Orchestra, Saint Petersburg Chamber Philharmonic, Toulon Opera Orchestra, and Ukrainian National Symphony, among others.
Julia Kogan wrote and presented the BBC Radio 4 documentary "The Lost Songs of Hollywood", which aired on 12 November 2015. It was chosen "Pick of the Week" on BBC radio.
Kogan’s first solo album, "Vivaldi Fioritura" (2010), was recorded with Chamber Orchestra Kremlin under Misha Rachlevsky. Her second solo album, Troika (2011), was recorded with the St. Petersburg Chamber Philharmonic under Jeffery Meyer. Both albums were released on Rideau Rouge Records with distribution by Harmonia Mundi.
- "Poetry and Song to Plumb the Russian Soul’s Depths" by Vivien Schweitzer, New York Times (14 February 2008)
- “Infrecuente Haendel” by Pablo J. Vayón, “Diario de Sevilla” (4 April 2009)
- "Performing Arts: Chamber Orchestra Kremlin" by Joe Banno, Washington Post (p. C9, 18 February 2008)
- "Vivaldi Fioritura", Rideau Rouge Records, ASIN: B003RKE6AK, 2010
- "Troika: Russia’s westerly poetry in three orchestral song cycles", Rideau Rouge Records, ASIN: B005USB24A, 2011