|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 9th district
|Born||February 22, 1957|
Julia Lynn is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 9th District (Olathe, De Soto & Gardner) since 2006. On December 3, 2012, she was elected by her colleagues as Assistant Majority Leader, with 22 of 32 votes. It was the first time Senate Republicans conducted leadership elections in Senate chambers. Elections have previously been conducted in a smaller conference room. Another woman, Sen. Susan Wagle of Wichita, was elected Senate president that day.
She lives in Olathe and is married to Jeff Lynn. They have two children.
- Assessment and Taxation (vice-chair)
- Joint Committee on Children's Issues (vice-chair)
- Commerce (vice-chair)
- Joint Committee on Arts and Cultural Resources
- Joint Committee on Economic Development
Some of the top contributors to Lynn's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee, Jeff and Julia Lynn (self-finance), Kansas Republican Party, Koch Industries, Deffenbaugh Industries, Robert Hodgdon
Political parties were her major donor group.
- Leadership Election Results
- Profile from the Kansas Legislature
- Julia Lynn 2008 campaign contributions