Julia Morgan House
|Location||3731 T St., Sacramento, California|
|Area||1 acre (0.40 ha)|
|Architectural style||Mediterranean Revival; Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals|
|NRHP reference #||82002230|
|Added to NRHP||February 19, 1982|
The Julia Morgan House is a Mediterranean Revival mansion, located in the Elmhurst neighborhood of Sacramento, California, constructed by Julia Morgan, the first woman licensed to practice architecture in California,. The home, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was gifted to Sacramento State University by Charles Goethe after his death in 1966.
In 1918, Charles Goethe hired Julia Morgan to draw plans for the house. When Goethe died in 1966 he bequeathed the house along with his library, papers, and a large monetary donation to California State University, California. Since then, University Enterprises, Inc. has maintained it.
In 1982 the house was added to the National Register of Historic Places due to its historic nature. Part of said historic nature is the fact that it is the only example of Morgan's domestic architecture in the Sacramento area. In 1999, the home was remodeled and its name was formally changed to the Julia Morgan House. In 2014, the house was remodeled to include business meeting and conference facilities. The house is currently used by the university to hold events by faculty or campus staff or can be rented for corporate and business meetings.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "Julia Morgan House & Gardens in Sacramento". Archived from the original on 3 April 2007. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Platt, Tony (2004-03-01). "The Racist Money-Bags Behind Sacramento State University". History News Network. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Charles M. Goethe Timeline". California State University Sacramento Library. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Sandoval, Timothy (2010-02-24). "The State Hornet - Vacant mansion costs Sac State $40,000 a year for upkeep". The State Hornet. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "National Register of Historical Places - CALIFORNIA (CA), Sacramento County". nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
|This article about a property in Sacramento County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Sacramento, California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|