|Alma mater||Durham University|
University of Western Ontario
Julian Birkinshaw, FBA, FAcSS (born 16 October 1964) is a British academic. He is Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at the London Business School, where he is the Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. He is the author of four books on management.
Birkinshaw is the author of four books on management. His first book, Entrepreneurship in the Global Firm, published in 2000, was reviewed by William G. Egelhoff of Fordham University in the Journal of International Business Studies. His fourth book, Becoming a Better Boss: Why Good Management is So Difficult, published in 2013, was reviewed in the Financial Times and the MIT Sloan Management Review.
In 2012, Birkinshaw was elected a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA). In 2015, he was elected a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS). He is also a Fellow the Academy of International Business, and of the Advanced Institute of Management Research.
- Birkinshaw, Julian (2000). Entrepreneurship in the Global Firm. Thousand Oaks, California: SAGE Publications. ISBN 9780761958093. OCLC 43419533.
- Birkinshaw, Julian (2004). Strategic Management. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 9781843762782. OCLC 57002489.
- Birkinshaw, Julian (2010). Reinventing Management: Smarter Choices for Getting Work Done. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass. ISBN 9780470750117. OCLC 522429311.
- Birkinshaw, Julian (2013). Becoming a Better Boss: Why Good Management Is So Difficult. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass. ISBN 9781118645468. OCLC 829739779.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Crainer, Stuart (2002). Leadership the Sven-Göran Eriksson Way: How to Turn Your Team into Winners. Oxford, UK: Capstone. ISBN 9781841124193. OCLC 50717150.
- Bartlett, Christopher A.; Birkinshaw, Julian; Ghoshal, Sumantra (2004). Transnational Management: Text, Cases, and Readings in Cross-Border Management. Boston, Massachusetts: McGraw-Hill Education. ISBN 9780072482768. OCLC 52178385.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Mol, Michael (2008). Giant Steps in Management: Creating Innovations That Change the Way We Work. Harlow, UK: Prentice Hall. ISBN 9780273712923. OCLC 165478923.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Mark, Ken (2015). Key MBA Models: The 60+ Models Every Manager and Business Student Needs to Know. Harlow, UK: Pearson Education. ISBN 9781292016856. OCLC 902986814.
As a co-editor
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Hood, Neil, eds. (1998). Multinational Corporate Evolution and Subsidiary Development. New York City: St. Martin's Press. ISBN 9780333722893. OCLC 38409935.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Hagström, Peter, eds. (2000). The Flexible Firm: Capability Management in Network Organizations. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198296515. OCLC 42833796.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Ghoshal, Sumantra; Markides, Constantinos C.; Stopford, John M.; Yip, George, eds. (2003). The Future of the Multinational Company. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470850657. OCLC 51966311.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Piramal, Gita, eds. (2005). Sumantra Ghosal on Management: A Force for Good. Harlow, UK: Prentice Hall. ISBN 9780273701835. OCLC 611576751.
- Birkinshaw, Julian; Gassmann, Oliver; von Zedtwitz, Maximilian, eds. (2008). International management of research and development. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 9781845424282. OCLC 220003893.
- 'BIRKINSHAW, Prof. Julian Mark', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 5 Aug 2017
- Denning, Steve (15 February 2011). "Interview with Julian Birkinshaw: Reinventing Management". Forbes. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Egelhoff, William G. (2001). "Reviewed Work: Entrepreneurship in the Global Firm by Julian Birkinshaw". Journal of International Business Studies. 32 (1): 203–205. JSTOR 3069519.
- Stern, Stefan (4 September 2013). "Why are good managers such a rare species?". Financial Times. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Brokaw, Leslie (4 December 2013). "How to Be a Better Boss". MIT Sloan Management Review. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Professor Julian Birkinshaw". British Academy. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "New Fellows Announced". Academy of Social Sciences. March 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This London-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|