Julian Le Fay
Julian LeFay was in an Electro-Pop band named Russia Heat. They charted with their single, "Tell Me Your Name". Early in his work, he worked on some PC, Amiga and NES projects, programming and composed music for Where's Waldo? and Sword of Sodan, among others.
Sometimes referred to affectionately as the "Father of The Elder Scrolls", joined Bethesda Softworks shortly after the company's creation in 1987. He held the role of Chief Engineer there for many years, and guided the company through the creation of some of its seminal games, such as Terminator 2029, Arena, Daggerfall and Battlespire. The Elder Scrolls deity Julianos is based off Julian. He worked briefly on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind as a contractor after quitting Bethesda in 1998.
In his reddit AMA on /r/Daggerfall he has stated that he does not have a deep love for the products or the jobs he performs today, but he cares greatly for his work and precision in his programming. He implied that he has not visited the Bethesda Studios office in years and that he lives only a few minutes from it. He has stated the house implementation in Daggerfall was done late and was therefore underdeveloped. He was unhappy with the lack of furniture and other assets that did not make it into the final game.
- Indigo Gaming (2017-10-31), A Conversation with the Father of the Elder Scrolls | Julian Jensen (aka Julian LaFey) Interview, retrieved 2017-10-31
- "Julian LeFay". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Russia Heat Wikipedia Page". Wikipedia (Denmark). Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Jensen, Julian. "Julian Jensen's LinkedIn Page". LinkedIn.
- "Julian Lefay (Person) - Giant Bomb". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Bethesda Softworks People-Julian Lefay". bethsoft.com. Archived from the original on June 5, 1997. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "Ask Me Anything: I'm Julian Jensen, programmer, designer and "Father of the Elder Scrolls" • r/Daggerfall". reddit. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|