|Occupation(s)||Audio engineer, record producer|
After completing school in Australia Mendelsohn moved to the UK and secured his first job in 1974 at Milner Sound Fulham Rd. Chelsea, run by an ex BBC engineer John Milner.
Records on which he has worked have appeared in the British top ten charts. He is best known for producing the work of the Pet Shop Boys, and has also produced music for musicians including Elton John, Jimmy Page, Bob Marley, INXS, Level 42, Nik Kershaw and Paul McCartney.
Mendelsohn was nominated for Producer of the Year at the 1988 British Phonographic Industry awards. He currently[when?] resides in Melbourne, Australia, where he operates MoreNoiz Audio Production.
- Category:Albums produced by Julian Mendelsohn
- Category:Song recordings produced by Julian Mendelsohn
- Holden, Stephen (23 August 1989), "The Pop Life", The New York Times, Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., retrieved 26 November 2009
- Wichary, Marcin, People. Engineers. Mendelsohn., retrieved 2009-11-26
- Rosenthal, Elizabeth (2001), His song: The Musical Journey of Elton John, Billboard Books, p. 538, ISBN 0-8230-8893-6
- Case, George (2007), Jimmy Page: Magus, Musician, Man: An Unauthorized Biography, Hal Leonard Corporation, p. 293, ISBN 1-4234-0407-6
- McCann, Ian; Hawke, Harry (2004), Bob Marley: The Complete Guide to His Music (2nd ed.), Omnibus Press, p. 144, ISBN 0-7119-9884-1
|This article on an Australian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|