Jump to navigation Jump to search
Siegel in June 2007
|Born||1966 (age 52–53)|
|Occupation(s)||Instrumentalist, composer, arranger|
Julian H. Siegel (born 1966 in Nottingham) is a British jazz saxophone and clarinet player, and a composer and arranger, described by MOJO Magazine as "One of the UK's most creative saxophonists"
- Sourpuss Babel BDV 2029 2000
- Max Babel BDV2553 2005
- By Proxy Babel BDV 2983 2009
- Swamp Whirlwind Recordings WR4657 2014
- Nit de Nit Whirlwind Recordings WR4738 2019
with Julian Siegel Quartet
- Urban Theme Park 2011
- Vista 2018
- Julian Siegel at AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- CDs, Jazz (2016). "Julian Siegel Biography". Jazz CDs. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- May, Chris (18 May 2009). "Cd/LP Review: Live At The Vortex". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- "Top London Jazz award for Trinity Laban musician". 18 August 2011. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
Leading European saxophonist and jazz tutor at the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, Julian Siegel, has won the London Jazz Award for Art and Performance 2011. Announced by the London Festival Fringe, the award recognises the talent and dedication of singers and instrumentalists working in and visiting the city.
- Biography at Siegel's official website
- Julian Siegel at AllMusic
- McKimm, Neil (2009-08-20). "Julian Siegel - The former BBC Jazz Award-winning tenor saxophonist discusses the latest Partisans album By Proxy". BBC Music Magazine. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
|This article about a jazz musician from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|