|Born||1966 (age 55–56)|
|Occupation(s)||Instrumentalist, composer, arranger|
Julian H. Siegel (born 1966 in Nottingham) is a British jazz saxophone and clarinet player, and a composer and arranger, described by MOJO Magazine as "One of the UK's most creative saxophonists"
Siegel won the 2011 London Awards for Art and Performance Jazz. In 2015 won his quartet Partisans (Gene Calderazzo, Phil Robson, Thad Kelly) with the album Swamp the Parliamentary Jazz Awards Jazz Album of the Year.
without fix groups
- Partisans (EFZ, 1997) with Phil Robson
- Close-Up (Sound Recordings, 2002)
- As One Does' (FMR Records, 2018) with Paul Dunmall, Percy Pursglove, Mark Sanders
- Sourpuss Babel BDV 2029 2000
- Max Babel BDV2553 2005
- By Proxy Babel BDV 2983 2009
- Swamp Whirlwind Recordings WR4657 2014
- Nit de Nit Whirlwind Recordings WR4738 2019
with Julian Siegel Quartet
- Urban Theme Park 2011 with Gene Calderazzo, Liam Noble, Oli Hayhurst
- Vista 2018 with Gene Calderazzo, Liam Noble, Oli Hayhurst
- Julian Siegel at AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- CDs, Jazz (2016). "Julian Siegel Biography". Jazz CDs. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- May, Chris (18 May 2009). "Cd/LP Review: Live At The Vortex". All About Jazz. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "Top London Jazz award for Trinity Laban musician". 18 August 2011. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
Leading European saxophonist and jazz tutor at the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, Julian Siegel, has won the London Jazz Award for Art and Performance 2011. Announced by the London Festival Fringe, the award recognises the talent and dedication of singers and instrumentalists working in and visiting the city.
- "Parliamentary Jazz Awards announces winners". prsformusic.com. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2021.
- Biography at Siegel's official website
- Julian Siegel at AllMusic
- McKimm, Neil (20 August 2009). "Julian Siegel - The former BBC Jazz Award-winning tenor saxophonist discusses the latest Partisans album By Proxy". BBC Music Magazine. Retrieved 14 December 2014.