Julian Talbot (writer)
Julian Talbot (born 1961) is an Australian writer, speaker and consultant on risk management.
Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge
In 2009 Talbot co-authored the Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge, a large and comprehensive repository of knowledge, including the best practices, recent innovations and evolving research, in the area of security risk management.
Talbot graduated with a Master in Risk Management degree from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, in 2006. He is a Certified Protection Professional, the security industry's highest level of professional achievement.
In the period 1995-2001, Talbot served as head of security for Woodside Energy's North West Shelf Venture, Australia's largest natural resources project. He then worked as head of risk and security for the Malaysia Smelting Corporation's Indonesian operations, as senior risk adviser for the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, and as head of security for the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade).
Currently, he is risk management practice leader for Jakeman Business Solutions (JBS), one of Australia's leading consulting firms.
Talbot served as director of the Risk Management Institution of Australasia (2006–09) and as director of the Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers (2008–09).
He is currently a director of the Security Analysis and Risk Management Association, based in Washington, DC.
- Mickelberg, Graeme (24 September 2008). "Body of Knowledge a valuable tool for industry". Securitymanagement.com.au. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Book Review: Security Risk Management - Body of Knowledge". Husdal.com. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Certified Protection Professional". Asisonline.org. 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Citadel Group Limited. Annual report for the year ended 30 June 2008. Page 6.
- "CGL Board Members Overview". Citadel Group Limited. 2008. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Thistleton, John (14 February 2011). "Canberra firm lands $45m Defence deal". Canberratimes.com.au. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- "Annual Report 2009". Risk Management Institution of Australasia. 2010. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "SARMA Organization and Leadership". Security Analysis and Risk Management Association. 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2011.