Talley in 2017
|No. 81 Baltimore Brigade|
|Date of birth:||June 9, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Stratford, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||192 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Atco (NJ) Winslow Township|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
A native of Stratford, New Jersey, Talley attended high school at Winslow Township High School, graduating in 2007. He was named a First-Team All-State Group 3. His career totals at Winslow included 98 catches for 2,416 yards and 23 touchdowns including setting a school record in his senior year with 946 yards receiving. Talley signed a national letter of intent with the University of Massachusetts.
After redshirting for the 2007 season, Talley played in all 12 games as a freshman and totaled 18 catches for 234 yards. Talley followed up his freshman campaign with a 28 catch, 350-yard season in 2009 which included scoring his first collegiate touchdown. As a junior Talley was named Second Team All-CAA after catching 56 passes for 747 yards and 6 touchdowns. He was second on the team in receiving yards to teammate and future NFL star Victor Cruz. In his senior season Talley grabbed 60 passes for 759 yards and 4 touchdowns. Talley was a college teammate of NFL players Jeromy Miles and Victor Cruz.
New York Giants
Talley spent the 2012 in the Giants preseason camp before being cut.
Return to New York Giants
Again he was invited to Giants camp in 2013 and following camp he was signed to the practice squad. Julian made his first professional appearance on December 22, 2013 after an injury to his former college teammate Victor Cruz opened up a spot on the 53 man roster.
On October 6, 2014, Talley along with cornerback Chandler Fenner were cut in order to sign cornerback Jayron Hosley (after completion of a drug suspension) and running back Michael Cox (from the practice squad) to the 53-man roster. On October 8, 2014, Talley was re-signed to the practice squad.
On September 5, 2015, Talley was waived by the Giants. On September 6, 2015, he was signed to the Giants' practice squad. On September 30, 2015, he was released by the Giants. On October 7, 2015, Talley was re-signed to the practice squad. On November 17, 2015, he was released from the practice squad. On December 24, 2015, Talley was re-signed to the practice squad.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Talley signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on April 20, 2016. He was released by the team on June 19, 2016.
On January 26, 2017, Talley was assigned to the Baltimore Brigade. On July 7, 2017, Talley was placed on injured reserve.
- Big Blue Morning: Hosley's back www.espn.com, Retrieved October 10, 2014
- Giants re-sign CB Chandler Fenner and WR Julian Talley to practice squad The Star-Ledger, Retrieved October 10, 2014
- Eisen, Michael (September 5, 2015). "New York Giants announce 53-man roster". Giants.com. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (September 6, 2015). "Giants sign six players to practice squad". Giants.com. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (September 30, 2015). "Giants add WR Tavarres King, QB G.J. Kinne to practice squad". Giants.com. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (October 7, 2015). "Giants add WR Myles White to active roster, TE Daniel Fells to IR". Giants.com. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (November 17, 2015). "Giants sign WR Hakeem Nicks". Giants.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (December 24, 2015). "Giants add WR Ben Edwards to active roster". Giants.com. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- "JULY 2016". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on July 10, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.