Weigl with 1860 Munich in 2015
|Date of birth||8 September 1995|
|Place of birth||Bad Aibling, Germany|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2013–2014||1860 Munich II||23||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:36, 03 June 2017 (UTC)ck.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 06:18, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
Weigl is a youth export from 1860 Munich. He made his 2. Bundesliga debut at 14 February 2014 against Ingolstadt. He replaced Yannick Stark after 66 minutes in a 2-0 away defeat. He managed to play 14 league games in his first season with TSV's first team. In the first match of the 2014–15 season against Kaiserslautern Weigl, being only 18 years old, was named captain. He is therefore the youngest captain in the history of 1860 Munich. After the second match of the season Weigl was fined and suspended to the second squad along with his teammates Vitus Eicher, Daniel Adlung and Yannick Stark. The four players had been out drinking late at night and were overheard talking negatively about the club. Weigl was relieved of the captaincy and succeeded by Christopher Schindler.
After the 2014–15 season Weigl transferred to Borussia Dortmund, where he signed a contract until 2019. Julian Weigl made his official Dortmund debut on Saturday 15 August 2015 in a 4-0 home victory against Borussia Mönchengladbach. He made his Europa League debut a month after, when he came on in the 60th minute as a substitute against FC Krasnodar. Weigl's remarkable play earned him a starting place in Dortmund and helped them finish 2nd in the Bundesliga and also played regularly as Dortmund went deep into the Europa league, before being knocked out by Liverpool. He scored his first goal for Dortmund which was also his first professional goal against Sporting Lisbon in the UEFA Champions League, scoring the winner from outside the box in the 2–1 win. Weigl signed a new contract with Borussia on 21 December, keeping him at the club until 2021.
Weigl started to represent Germany at youth levels during the qualification for the 2014 European Under-19 Championship, which was eventually won by Germany. Since August 2014 he is part of the U-20 squad. On 13 October 2014 Weigl scored his first international goal in a 1-1 tie against the Netherlands U20. Weigl made his debut for the German U-21 team on September 3, 2015, in a friendly match against Denmark. Rewarded for a fine debut Bundesliga with a place in Germany’s provisional squad for Euro 2016, Weigl became a full international when he came off the bench against Slovakia. The game ended in a disappointing 3-1 defeat, but two days later, Weigl received confirmation that he had made the final cut for the Euros, although Weigl didn't play any games.
- As of 03 June 2017
|1860 Munich II||2013–14||Regionalliga Bayern||23||0||—||—||—||23||0|||
|1860 Munich||2013–14||2. Bundesliga||14||0||0||0||14||0|||
- Borussia Dortmund
- "Germany - J. Weigl - Profile with news, career statistics and history". soccerway.com. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "FC Ingolstadt 04 vs. 1860 München 2-0". soccerway.com. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Mit 18: Weigl neuer "Löwen"-Kapitän" [With 18: Weigl new "Lions"-captain] (in German). kicker.de. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Löwen-Spieler feierten nach FCK-Pleite bis in die Nacht" [Lions players were partying after FCK-defeat until late at night] (in German). tz. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Skandal-Abend begann mit Frust-Runde bei Eicher" [Scandalous evening started out with frustration meeting at Eicher] (in German). Münchner Merkur. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Weigl-Binde dauerhaft weg! Wer nun übernimmt" [Weigl's armband permanently gone! Who is taking over now] (in German). tz. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "BVB stattet Weigl mit Vertrag bis 2019 aus" [BVB gives Weigl contract until 2019] (in German). kicker.de. 8 June 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Borussia Dortmund go into the future with Julian Weigl". Borussia Dortmund. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Weigl in der Zwickmühle: U19-EM oder 1860?" [Weigl's dilemma: U-19 Euro Cup or 1860?] (in German). tz. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Weigl wieder im Einsatz - bei der DFB-Elf" [Weigl in action again - in the DFB-team] (in German). tz. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Löwe Weigl trifft für deutsche U20-Auswahl" [Lion Weigl scores for German U20-squad] (in German). tz. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Länderspiel, 2015/2016, Saison" [International game, 2015/16, season] (in German). German Football Association. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "Julian Weigl » Club matches". World Football. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Julian Weigl". kicker.de (in German). kicker. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Julian Weigl". kicker.de (in German). kicker. Retrieved 16 August 2015.