Juliana Rotich is an information technology professional who has developed web tools for crowdsourcing crisis information and coverage of topics related to the environment. She is the Executive Director for Ushahidi, an Open-source software project which uses crowdsourced geolocation, mobile phone, and web reporting data to provide crisis reporting and information.
She was the Executive Director for Ushahidi, an Open-source software project which uses crowdsourced geolocation, mobile phone, and web reporting data to provide crisis reporting and information until September 2015 when she left the organisation to pursue other interests. 
"Ushahidi" is the Swahili word for "testimony." Ushahidi was first put into practice during the Kenyan presidential election crisis of 2007-8; it has since been used in Chile, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Tanzania, and Haiti.
As a blogger, she has authored articles on Afrigadget.com, acted as Environmental Editor of Global Voices Online, and participated in the TED Global conference in Arusha in 2007. As a public speaker, she is known for her commentary on technology in Africa and voicing concerns about the loss of indigenous forest and water catchment areas in Kenya. She is a Senior TED Fellow.
|Juliana Rotich: Meet BRCK, Internet access built for Africa, TED Talks, June 2013|
In 2017 she participated in the W20 summit in Berlin, Germany and took part in a panel discussion together with chancellor Angela Merkel, IMF director Christine Lagarde, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, Canadian minister of foreign affairs Chrystia Freeland, Ivanka Trump and others, representing the BRCK. 
- TED Speaker: Juliana Rotich
- Juliana Rotich (2015-09-11). "Juliana Rotich". Nairobi: Ushahidi. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Patrick Barkham (2011-03-08). "Juliana Rotich". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Ushahidi". Archived from the original on 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- "Juliana Rotich". The TED Fellows Directory. Retrieved 2012-11-04.
- Africa's Leading Social Entrepreneurs to be Awarded at World Economic Forum in Africa.
- Design Indaba Conference 2014
- W20 summit in Germany 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juliana Rotich.|