This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Juliane Köhler in 2009 Berlin International Film Festival
|Years active||from 1985|
Juliane Köhler (born 6 August 1965) is a German theatre, television and film actress.
Köhler was born in Göttingen to a puppeteer. During 1985–88 she studied under Uta Hagen in New York City and attended HB Studio. She also received ballet instruction in Munich. Since her first appearance at Hanover's Lower Saxon State Theatre in 1988, she has regularly appeared in German theatre productions. She performed in an ensemble cast of the Bavarian State Theatre during 1993–97. She left the company because her filming of Aimée & Jaguar interfered with rehearsals for a production of Das Käthchen von Heilbronn. She later returned to Munich to participate with the Munich Kammerspiele.
She has starred in the 1999 film Aimée & Jaguar (as Lilly Wust, or Aimée); the 2001 film Nowhere in Africa (as Jettel Redlich); the 2004 film Downfall (as Eva Braun); the 2008 film Haber as Clara, the wife of Fritz Shimon Haber; Christina in Eden Is West (2009) and starred in Two Lives (2012) as Katrine Evensen Myrdal.
|1998||Aimée & Jaguar|
|1999||Annaluise & Anton||Betinna Pogge|
|2001||Nowhere in Africa||Jettel Redlich|
|2008||A Woman in Berlin|
|2009||Eden Is West|
|2010||A Quiet Life|
|2012||Two Lives||Katrine Evensen Myrdal|
|2016||The King's Choice|
- 1999 49th Berlin International Film Festival - Silver Bear for Best Actress
- 2014 Two Lives was Germany's official submission to the Best Foreign Language Film category of the 86th Academy Awards in 2014.
- HB Studio Alumni
- "Articles about Juliane Kohler - latimes". articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- Holden, Stephen (2014-02-27). "In 'Two Lives,' a War Legacy Threatens a Norwegian Family". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Berlinale: 1999 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juliane Köhler.|
|This article about a German film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|