Julie Frost in Vienna Austria, November 2010 at a taping of "Helden von Morgen"
|Genres||Pop, Contemporary R&B, Pop Rock,|
|Occupation(s)||songwriter, singer, guitar player and music producer|
|Labels||EMI Music Publishing|
|Associated acts||Black Eyed Peas, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Lena Meyer-Landrut, Cody Simpson, Pitbull, Mary J. Blige, Beyoncé, Meghan Trainor, Ed Sheeran, Madonna, Dia Frampton, Tegan and Sara.Charlie Puth|
Julie Frost is a Golden Globe winner and an internationally known multi-award winning American songwriter, singer, guitar player and music producer. She is also the founder of the non-profit "Songs For Elephants", with the mission to help mobilize the music and entertainment industry in support of the world's elephants. She is the second American songwriter to win the Eurovision Song Contest, as co-writer of the song "Satellite", which won the contest for Germany. Frost wrote the hook for Black Eyed Peas' multi-platinum single "Just Can't Get Enough", the hook for Pitbull's "Castle Made of Sand", and Flo Rida's "Sweet Spot". She also co-wrote Beyoncé's single "Countdown", Ed Sheeran's "Kiss Me", Marina and the Diamonds's "Primadonna", and Madonna's song "Masterpiece", from the soundtrack of her movie W.E., and won a Golden Globe award for best original song in a soundtrack. Most recently, Frost wrote the end credit song and lead single for the "Endless Love" Soundtrack performed by Tegan and Sara and co-wrote "Lift Me Up" featuring Nico and Vinz and Ladysmith Black Mambazo on Guetta's album "Listen", and co-wrote Charlie Puth's single "Marvin Gaye" with Charlie Puth featuring Meghan Trainor.
Early life and career
Frost grew up in rural Vermont and began to perform publicly in 1992 in Chicago. Her first solo album The Wave (2002) was received positively by various music critics;... Of her writing style, Music Critic Johny Luftus wrote "Chicago singer/songwriter Julie Frost likes to place pleading heartache, clever wordplay, and determined pluck over nuanced arrangements". Later on Frost founded her own studio "Happy Child Studios", which produces songs for families and children, and published her album Happy Child Music (2006).
Frost was signed to EMI Music Publishing in 2009 by music executive Big Jon Platt. In 2010, a song cowritten by Frost and Dane John Gorden, "Satellite", won the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 for Germany. Lena Meyer-Landrut's recording of this song subsequently became a number one hit in various European countries, and went to No. 1 on the European singles chart. It was also a minor hit in various other countries.
- 2006: Happy Child Music (Artist)
- 2002: The Wave (Artist)
- 2000: "Songs for Wiggleworms" Various Artists (Artist/Producer)
|2010||Lena Meyer-Landrut||My Cassette Player||Satellite||European Hot 100 singles No. 1, German Singles Chart No. 1
Winner of Eurovision Song Contest 2010
|2010||Black Eyed Peas||The Beginning||Just Can't Get Enough||UK Singles Chart No. 2, US Billboard Hot 100 No. 3. Multiplatinum|
|2011||Cody Simpson||Coast To Coast||On My Mind||Radio Disney U.S. No. 1, Billboard U.S. pop songs No. 30|
|2011||Beyoncé||4||Countdown||US Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Songs No. 12, US Billboard 200 No. 1, US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums No. 1|
|2011||Pitbull||Planet Pit||Castles Made Of Sand||US Billboard 200 No. 7, US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums No. 3, US Top Rap Albums No. 2|
|2011||Ed Sheeran||+||Kiss Me||UK Albums chart No. 1, Ireland Album chart No. 2, US Billboard 200 No. 5 US Folk Albums No. 1
US Rock Albums No. 2
|2011||Madonna||W.E., MDNA||Masterpiece||Golden Globe for Best Original Song, UK Albums Chart No. 1
US Billboard 200 No. 1 US Dance/Electronic Albums No. 1
|2011||Dia Frampton||"Red"||Don't Kick The Chair||US Billboard Top Heatseekers Albums No. 1|
|2012||Marina and the Diamonds||Electra Heart||Primadonna||UK Singles Chart No. 11, UK Album Charts No. 1|
|2012||Mandy Capristo||Grace||Allow Me||German Album Charts No. 8|
|2012||Flo Rida feat. Jennifer Lopez||Wild Ones||Sweet Spot||US Billboard 200 No. 14,
US Billboard Dance/Electronic Album No. 1, US Billboard Rap Albums No. 2
|2012||Stefanie Heinzmann||Stefanie Heinzmann||Show Me the Way||German Album Charts No. 8|
|2013||La Fouine feat Zaho||Drôle de parcours||Ma meilleure (featuring Zaho)||Trace Urban Music Awards "Best Album", "Best Collaboration", French Singles Charts No. 23|
|2014||Tegan and Sara||Soundtrack "Endless Love"||Don't Find Another Love|
|2014||Sabrina Carpenter||Can't Blame A Girl For Trying EP||Best Thing I've Got|
|2014||David Guetta, Nico and Vinz, Ladysmith Black Mambaso||Listen (David Guetta album)||Lift Me Up|
|2015||Charlie Puth, Meghan Trainor||Some Type Of Love (EP)||Marvin Gaye|
Awards, Nominations, and Certifications
- 2001: Parent's Choice Award - "Songs For Wiggle Worms" (Producer)
- 2010: Eurovision Song Contest - "Satellite"
- 2010: 1LIVE Krone – Best Single "Satellite"
- 2011: Golden Globe - Best Original Song "Masterpiece" (Madonna)
- 2011: Echo - Radio Echo for "Satellite" (Lena Meyer-Landrut)
- 2011: Echo - Single of the Year – "Satellite" (Lena Meyer-Landrut)
- 2011: Echo - Album of the Year – "My Cassette Player" (Lena Meyer-Landrut)
- 2011: Comet - Best Song – "Satellite" (Lena Meyer-Landrut)
- 2012: Brit - Album of the Year – "+" (Ed Sheeran)
- 2010 Triple Platinum Single Germany "Satellite" Lena Meyer-Landrut
- 2010 Gold Single Sweden "Satellite" Lena Meyer-Landrut
- 2010 Platinum Single Switzerland "Satellite" Lena Meyer-Landrut
- 2010 5x Gold Album Germany My Cassette Player Lena Meyer-Landrut
- 2011 Platinum Album U.S. "The Beginning" Black Eyed Peas
- 2011 Platinum Album Australia "The Beginning" Black Eyed Peas
- 2011 Platinum Single Australia "Just Can't Get Enough" Black Eyed Peas
- Darryl Cater: review of Frost's debut album The Wave, retrieved 10 July 2010
- Julie Frost at centerstagechicago.com, retrieved 10 July 2010
- Happy Child Music with Julie Frost on Myspace
- "European Hot 100 Singles: Week of June 19, 2010". Billboard.com. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Chart Highlights: Dance/Club Play, Latin Songs & More". Billboard.com. Prometheus Global Media. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: Week Ending July 2, 2011". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-07-02. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- Caulfield, Keith (2011-06-29). "Jill Scott Celebrates First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 | Billboard.com". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- "R&B/Hip-Hop Albums: Week of July 9, 2011". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Rap Albums: Week of July 9, 2011". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- Sverige Topplistan
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards 2010". swisscharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Lena+Meyer+Landrut)" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Black Eyed Peas; 'The Beginning')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- "Top 50 Singles Chart". (G) in Brackets. ARIA - Australian Recording Industry Association Ltd. Retrieved 20 March 2011.