Julie Hirschfeld Davis
Julie Hirschfeld Davis
|Born||April 17, 1975|
New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Employer||The New York Times|
Jonathan Michael Davis
|Parent(s)||Janet Rubner Hirschfeld|
Julie Hirschfeld Davis (born April 17, 1975) is an American journalist. She is currently the congressional editor for The New York Times and a political analyst for CNN. She was previously a White House correspondent.
Davis was born on April 17, 1975 to parents Janet (née Rubner) and Jimmy Hirschfeld in Englewood, New Jersey. She attended the Ethical Culture Fieldston School in New York, where she became the editor of The Fieldston News in her junior year, and later received a B.A. in Ethics, Politics and Economics from Yale University in 1997.
Davis' first foray into journalism came aged 10, when she interviewed the hot dog man on the corner in front of her elementary school for a feature for her after-school programme, but her first proper role came after she graduated from Yale and secured an internship at the Washington bureau of The Dallas Morning News in 1998.
She continued to cover Capitol Hill as a senior writer at Congressional Quarterly until 2002, when she was for the first time appointed White House correspondent for The Baltimore Sun. Davis switched to being a political reporter in 2007 for the Associated Press, and then in 2011, for Bloomberg.
Davis became a White House correspondent for The New York Times in 2014, ahead of the 2016 US Presidential Election. She was appointed Congressional correspondent for The Times in 2018. She is a regular political analyst at CNN, but has also appeared on MSNBC.
- "Julie Hirschfeld Davis". The New York Times. 2019-01-31. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Weddings; Julie Hirschfeld, Jonathan Davis". New York Times. March 25, 2011. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- "Deaths Hirschfeld-Janet Rubner". New York Times. October 28, 1998.
- "BIRTHDAY OF THE DAY: Julie Hirschfeld Davis, NYT White House reporter and CNN political analyst". POLITICO. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Julie Hirschfeld Davis". National Press Foundation. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- Wemple, Erik (2018-05-14). "What reporter told John Kelly "He's got to go"". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Julie Hirschfeld Davis, New York Times". www.pbs.org. 12 January 2017. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Trump Cabinet Takes Shape". MSNBC.com. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- O'Donovan, Gerard (2018-06-24). "Reporting Trump's First Year: The Fourth Estate, review: a powerful reminder of the need for a free press". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Davis, Julie Hirschfield; Shear, Michael D. (2019-10-08). Border Wars : Inside trump's assault on immigration. [S.l.]: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1982117399. OCLC 1085153035.